Betfair Australia Review
|Betting Exchange||Great reputation|
|Betfair Points||Ultra-fast payments|
Betfair Australia Review
Betfair Australia is one of more the unique internet sportsbooks that we’ve reviewed at BettingTop10. This is due to the fact that it isn’t like most traditional online sports betting sites. It was founded by a professional punter named Andrew Black and his partner Ed Wray. They introduced Betfair Exchange, which allows punters to bet on odds that are set by other gamblers as opposed to standard odds makers. Instead of a regular sign up bonus, Betfair’s new customers are given a first bet refund of up to $200.00.
Pros and Cons at Betfair Australia
Despite being a relative newcomer in the Australian online sports betting scene, there is a lot to like about Betfair. There are also a few improvements that can be made, to enhance the betting experience even more.
- The Betfair Exchange – Betfair has the largest betting exchange in Australia. What sets this apart from a standard bookmaker is that punters are betting against each other, and not bookmakers, with Betfair taking a small commission. Generally speaking, the Exchange odds are 20% better than the traditional odds.
- Betfair Points – One of the great Betfair promotions is their points program. The way the betting sites works is they claim a 5 percent commission on the winning bets from the exchange. The more points a punter earns, the lower the commission drops.
- Betfair live video – If you’re an active punter, you can watch hundreds of popular live events, such as horse racing and football.
- Fast Payouts – When making a withdrawal at Betfair you can expect your money to come quickly. Even Bank transfers, which typically can take several days, are processed within one working day.
- Great offers – In addition to the Exchange, Betfair runs exciting promos and contests, that keep their punters happy.
- No Max Bets – Because of the way the system was designed, you’re not betting against the house. So you can make any wager you’d like, as long as another punter accepts the wager.
- Markets – Betfair boasts a large variety of markets across the sporting spectrum. From greyhound and horse racing to football, AFL, NBA the Australian punter has never had more options
- No Match – In order to place a bet at the Exchange, there has to be another player willing to take on the action.
- Customer support – Overall the customer support is pretty solid, but it’s not easy to find the online chat area. The live chat is also not available 24/7
- Premium Charges – Betfair does have a premium charge for their more successful punters. The charge is based on the lifetime earnings of the punter.
Bonuses and Promotions
Betfair offers a unique welcome bonus for new punters, instead of the standard matched bonus, Betfair has a first bet refund of up to $200. If a punter places their bet on a Tote Extra, Multi or Exchange and lose, the punter will get the money back in their account. There are also great weekly promotions for punters of all experiences can take advantage of. Some examples include $50 in free bets for referring friends or, for punters in the Betfair owners club they can enjoy a 20% owners’ promotions for greyhound and horse racing
Mobile betting at Betfair Australia
It’s clear that the Betfair team put a lot of effort in developing a mobile betting platform that can be downloaded seamlessly across all mobile platforms. The mobile app is available for both android and apple devices for both smartphones and tablets. The apps are very user friendly and offer great odds on futures, exotic markets and of course there is a great live stream for hundreds of matches. You can see the results of races and the scores of games instantly regardless of where you are.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Betfair Australia has a range of deposit methods that makes it quick and easy to deposit money into your account. The quickest way to make a deposit is by using a major credit card, such as Visa or MasterCard. E-wallet services such as PayPal are extremely quick and secure . Betfair withdrawals are among the quickest in the industry. Punters who use E-wallet services have confirmed that they’ve received their winnings within a few hours of making the request. Even Bank transfers, which typically take several days, move quicker than other sites that we’ve reviewed at BettingTop10.
Betfair Australia’s Customer support
Betfair Australia places a lot of emphasis on their customer support service. The first step for the punter to go with any question is the comprehensive FAQ section. If the answer to your query isn’t in the FAQ you can turn to the live chat option, or send a message via the contact us link. Betfair has been known to quickly respond to all chat and email messages that they receive. If you need to speak with a customer service representative, the Betfair phone line is open during regular business hours and will answer any questions that might have.
If you’re looking for a winner when choosing an online sports betting site, Betfair Australia has it all. Whether you’re ready for the exchange or you prefer the traditional sportsbook, you can find the sports, races and markets at Betfair AU. We recommend that you take advantage of the BettingTop10 voucher code to make the best of their bonus offer and earn free bets. At Betfair Australia, the security of their punters is a top priority. Some of the measures they use are a 2 step authentication, the latest security technologies and they are compliant with the global standard for Information Security. For complete details take a look at the terms and conditions at the Betfair Australia official site -www.betfair.com.au