Betfair Australia Review
|Software & Games|
Betfair Australia is one of more the unique internet sportsbooks that we’ve reviewed at BettingTop10. This is due to the fact that it isn’t like most traditional online sports betting sites. It was founded by a professional punter named Andrew Black and his partner Ed Wray. They introduced Betfair Exchange, which allows punters to bet on odds that are set by other gamblers as opposed to standard odds makers.
|Promotions/Bonuses||Bonuses and promotions change on a regular basis, sometimes while a specific sporting event is in progress. For important sports events, usually the better the promotion.|
|Payment methods||Deposit: Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, BPay, POLi, Bank Transfer|
|Currencies||Australian Dollars – AUD$|
|Minimum bet||AUD$5 online, AUD$50 phone|
|Maximum payout||Varies on withdrawal method used. Contact Customer Support for details|
|Betting/Sports markets||Betfair offers markets on Horse, Greyhound and Harness racing in Australia & NZ, Cricket, Netball, ARL, NRL, A-League,Super Rugby, NBA, NFL, Champions League, EPL, Soccer World Cup and many others|
|Mobile/Apps||Betfair’s site is compatibile with all major mobile devices, including both iOS and Android products.|
|Contact information||Live Help Chat, Email and Phone Support 8.00am-10.00pm AEST, 7 days a week. Customer Service:1300BETFAIR (1300 238 324) Email: [email protected] Postal Address: Betfair Pty Ltd, Darwin Racecourse, Dick Ward Drive, Fannie Bay, NT 0820|
Pros and Cons at Betfair Australia
Despite being a relative newcomer in the Australian online sports betting scene, there is a lot to like about Betfair. There are also a few improvements that can be made, to enhance the betting experience even more.
- The Betfair Exchange – Betfair has the largest betting exchange in Australia. What sets this apart from a standard bookmaker is that punters are betting against each other, and not bookmakers, with Betfair taking a small commission. Generally speaking, the Exchange odds are 20% better than the traditional odds.
- Betfair live video – If you’re an active punter, you can watch hundreds of popular live events, such as horse racing and football.
- Fast Payouts – When making a withdrawal at Betfair you can expect your money to come quickly. Even Bank transfers, which typically can take several days, are processed within one working day.
- Great offers – In addition to the Exchange, Betfair runs exciting promos and contests, that keep their punters happy.
- No Max Bets – Because of the way the system was designed, you’re not betting against the house. So you can make any wager you’d like, as long as another punter accepts the wager.
- Markets – Betfair boasts a large variety of markets across the sporting spectrum. From greyhound and horse racing to football, AFL, NBA the Australian punter has never had more options
- No Match – In order to place a bet at the Exchange, there has to be another player willing to take on the action.
- Customer support – Overall the customer support is pretty solid, but it’s not easy to find the online chat area. The live chat is also not available 24/7
- Premium Charges – Betfair does have a premium charge for their more successful punters. The charge is based on the lifetime earnings of the punter.
Types of Sports Available
There’s a bit of everything available with Betfair. AFL and NRL are extremely popular but when the seasons have concluded or there is a gap until the next matches, punters have plenty of other options including many NFL, NHL and NBA games priced up. There is also an emphasis on European football with competitions such as the World Cup and leagues such as Serie A and the Premier League priced up and easy to locate on the website.
Horse racing markets for all thoroughbred contests are available with Betfair and punters can often take advantage of the higher odds available via their exchange-style product. There are also separate markets for horses to finish in the placings and the same applies for greyhound races throughout Australia.
Golf, Motor Sports, e-sports and boxing are other sports available with Betfair..
Betfair Live Streams and Betting
Most online bookmakers in Australia now offer a live streaming service however Betfair were one of the first to offer live sporting events for their punters. Betfair TV offer live Australian horse racing coverage completely free of charge and they also shown regular meetings from the USA, South Africa and Ireland.
Other sports which can be enjoyed via the Betfair website include Tennis (WTA and ATP events), Golf, Basketball (Most NBA games), NFL and Snooker.
There is a Betfair TV guide which will allow bettors to plan their sports viewing around their betting. Each contest will be complete with live betting odds which will fluctuate throughout the duration.
Mobile betting at Betfair Australia
It’s clear that the Betfair team put a lot of effort in developing a mobile betting platform that can be downloaded seamlessly across all mobile platforms. The mobile Betfair app is available for both android and apple devices for both smartphones and tablets. The apps are very user friendly and offer great odds on futures, exotic markets and of course there is a great live stream for hundreds of matches. You can see the results of races and the scores of games instantly regardless of where you are.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Betfair Australia has a range of deposit methods that makes it quick and easy to deposit money into your account. The quickest way to make a deposit is by using a major credit card, such as Visa or MasterCard. E-wallet services such as PayPal are extremely quick and secure . Betfair withdrawals are among the quickest in the industry. Punters who use E-wallet services have confirmed that they’ve received their winnings within a few hours of making the request. Even Bank transfers, which typically take several days, move quicker than other sites that we’ve reviewed at BettingTop10.
Betfair Australia’s Customer support
Betfair Australia places a lot of emphasis on their customer support service. The first step for the punter to go with any question is the comprehensive FAQ section. If the answer to your query isn’t in the FAQ you can turn to the live chat option, or send a message via the contact us link. Betfair has been known to quickly respond to all chat and email messages that they receive. If you need to speak with a customer service representative, the Betfair phone line is open during regular business hours and will answer any questions that might have.
Twitter – @Betfair_Aus
Email – [email protected]
Customer Service Toll Free – 1300 238 324
If you’re looking for a winner when choosing an online sports betting site, Betfair Australia has it all. Whether you’re ready for the exchange or you prefer the traditional sportsbook, you can find the sports, races and markets at Betfair AU. At Betfair Australia, the security of their punters is a top priority. Some of the measures they use are a 2 step authentication, the latest security technologies and they are compliant with the global standard for Information Security. For complete details take a look at the terms and conditions at the Betfair Australia official site -www.betfair.com.au