Online Football Betting
Football, also known as soccer in some parts of the world, is one of the most popular sports in the world with as many as 211 associations affiliated with the international governing body, FIFA. Although cricket enjoys the No. 1 position in sports followed in India, football does boast of a considerable fan base.
|110% UP TO ₹10,100
Exclusive! Bonus Code TOP10IND
Welcome Bonus 100%
100% Welcome Bonus
100% Deposit Bonus up to ₹2500
Up to ₹20,000 Free Bet
$100 Deposit Bonus
Claim your €25 Welcome Offer
Bet 1000 ₹ - get 3000 ₹
Introduced by the British in the mid-nineteenth century, football has since spread across India with more and more people taking interest in the sport. Consequently, it’s quite understandable how the betting market has seen the rise of online football betting sites in India in recent years.
Football betting online is fairly new to the country, but with the number of emerging sites, it indeed holds a lot of promise for the future. Even if you are a beginner here, trust us at BettingTop10 to provide you with a detailed guide regarding online football betting in India.
Major Football Tournaments in India
The number of football tournaments in India is limited.
- I-League – Founded in 2006, this is the premier national football league in the country. It is contested between 14 clubs each season and features the famous Kolkata derby between Mohun Bagan and East Bengal (one of the oldest derbies in the world).
- Indian Super League – This is a relatively new tournament modeled on the lines of Indian Premier League and Major League Soccer (USA). Each team comprises of players from the I-League in addition to foreign players who may not be part of the I-League.
Popular International Leagues
Most Indian football fans closely follow international leagues. There are dedicated fan clubs in every region, some of which are recognized by the respective international club. The most popular international leagues followed by Indians include:
- English Premier League – Arguably the most famous league in the world, the EPL has everything a football fan asks for – talent, quality, competition, drama, youth, as well as experience.
- Spanish La Liga – Teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid enjoy large fan bases in Indian cities. The La Liga may have its attendance falling in Spain, but it sure seems to hold on firmly to its Indian fan base.
- German Bundesliga – This is yet another widely followed league with teams like Bayern Munich boasting of a large share of Indian audience.
- FIFA World Cup – A quadrennial event, the FIFA World Cup is the grand event that every football fan across the world waits for.
Popular Online Football Bets
Football betting in India has become popular, not only because of the number of sites coming up but also because of the varied betting market available. The large number of betting types on display on Bet365 and others has made football betting online all the more interesting.
Let us look at some of the more popular football bets among Indian users:
- Winner of the match
- Leading team at half time
- Possibility of both teams scoring
- Half time / Full time correct score
- Winning margin
Understanding Football Betting Odds
You may have come across different formats on different online football betting sites. Have you ever wondered how they are different?
Actually, they are not. The payouts are always the same; what differs is the way the sites prefer to express the odds. Since football is a global sports, several betting formats are used depending on the nation, the more popular being the Fractional and the Decimal Formats.
Fractional odds are represented as A/B which means for every value of B you wager, you will win A in addition to the return of your stake.
For instance, if the odds are 8/1, and you stake 100 rupees, you win 900 rupees (800 + 100).
The Decimal format is essentially the same except that it uses decimals instead of fractions. The calculation in this case is:
Winnings = (odds * stake) – stake
So, if the odds are 9.0 and you stake 100 rupees, your winnings equal (9.0 * 100) – 100 = 800 rupees. This excludes the return of your stake (100 rupees).
The Decimals are mildly easier to comprehend for beginners, and is more popular across the world. Most online football betting sites in India use this system.
How to Bet on Football Online
Once you have understood the basics of online betting, you must be ready to get a first-hand experience of the action. The following will assist you about how to bet on football online in India.
- Make an account on the sportsbook of your choice.
- Browse through football events and find the match you’re looking to bet on.
- Select the precise betting markets of your choice.
- Wager the amount and confirm your bets.
- Keep track of your bets with the help of your Bet Slip.
- Your winnings are automatically transferred to your account. You can cash out any time you want.
Football Betting Tips
Granted that nothing is ever predictable in the land of betting, but there are certain strategies that veteran gamblers follow in order to make the best decisions from the available resources.
Successful football betters are usually good readers of the game. You need to watch matches, analyze the strength and weakness of teams and individuals before you decide to place bets. It is always a great idea to follow football previews and predictions from experts before every match. At BettingTop10, we provide you with precisely that!
Home advantage sometimes may play a huge role in deciding the fate of teams. While crowd support may not seem to matter that much at the outset, having a 12th man inside the ground, does enhance the potential of the home team at times.
Therefore, the importance of following team news, injury reports and previews from trusted sites before betting on matches cannot be emphasized more. The world of betting always rewards those who are smart, and following our well-researched and curated content is what makes you a smart gambler.