Asia Cup 2018
- Latest Asia Cup 2018 Predictions
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan Prediction Super Four – Asia Cup
- Asia Cup 2018 Group Stage
- Asia Cup 2018 Super Four Stage
- Asia Cup 2018 Final
- Preview – Asia Cup 2018
- Latest Asia Cup 2018 News
- Asia Cup Qualifiers – Day 1
- Asia Cup Qualifiers – Day 4
- Asia Cup Qualifiers – Day 5
- Will Virat Kohli’s Absence Hurt India in the Asia Cup?
- Asia Cup Qualifiers – Day 6
- Pakistan in Asia Cup 2018 – Strengths & Weaknesses
- India in Asia Cup 2018 – Strengths & Weaknesses
- Asia Cup Qualifier 2018 – Results
- Betway Bonus for Asia Cup 2018
- India vs Pakistan Previous Asia Cup Editions
The Asia Cup 2018 is scheduled to be played in UAE from 15th September 2018. 6 teams will participate in this 14th edition of the Asia Cup. Thirteen matches will be played between 15th September and 18th September 2018.
Asia Cup 2018 Venues
Two venues have been selected for the Asia Cup 2018 matches.
- Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi
8 matches will be played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium and 5 matches will be played at Sheikh Zayed rocket Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
Find here the full schedule of Asia Cup 2018.
Asia Cup Facts
The first match hosted at Dubai International Cricket Stadium was Australia vs Pakistan in 2009 which was won by Pakistan. The first 5-wicket haul at this stadium was registered by Shahid Afridi (6-38).
The highest ODI score by a team at this ground is 355/5.
The highest score was chased by Pakistan – 275 against South Africa.
The lowest total defended here is 257 by Pakistan against Sri Lanka.
The first ODI played here was between Pakistan and India in 2006.
Latest Asia Cup 2018 Predictions
Five of the six teams participating in the Asia Cup 2018 are –
- Sri Lanka
- The sixth team will be decided in the Asia Cup Qualifier tournament which starts 29th August. 6 teams will participate in this qualifier tournament which concludes on 6th September 2018 and the team winning the final will be through to the Asia Cup 2018.
Asia Cup 2018 Group Stage
The 6 participating teams are divided into two groups for the Group Stage.
The teams in Group A are –
- Winner of Qualifier tournament (Hong Kong)
India and Pakistan will lock horns on 19th September 2018 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
Pakistan will meet the Qualifier team on 16th September 2018. India is set to play the Qualifier team on 18th September 2018.
Group B teams and fixtures are all set and decided.
- Sri Lanka
15th September marks the beginning of the Asia Cup 2018 with Bangladesh playing Sri Lanka at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
Afghanistan and Sri Lanka face off on 17th September 2018
The final match of the Group Stage will be played between Afghanistan and Bangladesh on 20th September 2018 at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
BettingTop10 has prepared a betting guide for this Asia Cup.
Asia Cup 2018 Super Four Stage
6 matches will be played in this stage from 21st September to 26th September 2018.
Asia Cup 2018 Final
The final on 28th September 2018 will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
Preview – Asia Cup 2018
- India are the defending champions and are in tremendous form with new players finding performing exceptionally well against top international teams. The likes of Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, KL Rahul has made India a strong contender for the Asia Cup 2018.
- India won the Asia Cup 2016 by beating Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the final. It was a T20 tournament and this year, the 2018 Asia Cup is an ODI tournament.
- A lot has changed in last two years. Afghanistan has become a full member of the ICC and rank 10th in ICC ODI rankings.
- Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan are the highest wicket takers for Afghanistan with 105 and 102 wickets to their name respectively. Rashid Khan has surprised everyone with his right-arm leg break bowling style in the IPL and has proved to be a gem of a player.
- The team hasn’t defeated any team participating in Asia Cup other than Bangladesh. They have played Bangladesh on 5 occasions and won 2 of them.
- Bangladesh Cricket Team has played 8 ODI in 2018 and has won 5 out of them. The last time Bangladesh played against Sri Lanka was 27th January 2018 where Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh by 79 runs.
- This was the second defeat Bangladesh faced from Sri Lanka in the Tri Nation series ( 2017-2018). Bangladesh had faced a bigger defeat at the hands of Sri Lanka on 25th January 2018 where Sri Lanka won by 10 wickets.
- Pakistan has played Sri Lanka on 5 occasions in late 2017 and has won every time. These matches were played in UAE, one played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, where Pakistan won by 83 runs.