Reasons for Winning the 2018 World Cup
Here at BettingTop10, we’re counting down the days until the 2018 World Cup gets underway in Russia. There are a number of popular markets available on the tournament including top goalscorer, to reach the semi-finals and group-winners yet despite this, outright betting on the competition remains the most popular by some distance. We take a detailed look at the chances of the five favourites in the ante-post market and analyse the reasons why they could clinch the Jules Rimet Trophy on July 15th.
2018 World Cup Betting Top Bookies
3 Reasons Germany Could Win the 2018 World Cup
Germany are the holders and are likely to start the tournament as the narrow favourites. Joachim’s Low’s side have an abundance of talent and always find a way of winning. They are aiming to become the first team since 1962 to clinch successive World Cup titles but they face stiff competition from a rejuvenated Brazil. 5/1 is the best price available.
- Under the guidance of their manager, they’ve reached the semi-finals of each of the last five major tournaments and they don’t appear to be any weaker this time around.
- The Germans recent record against bigger sides such as Argentina, England the aforementioned Brazil certainly makes them realistic contenders to make it back-to-back successes.
- They have a lot of experience and know-how in their squad and there could be as many as eight World Cup winners taking to the field in Russia.
3 Reasons France Could Win the 2018 World Cup
France have been unlucky in recent years but they are being tipped for a tilt at the title this time around. The Euro 2016 runners-up are priced at 6/1 in the betting and will be many punter’s fancies for the event.
- Huge strength in depth. France aren’t short on talent and they can call on multiple attacking players including Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud and Ousmane Dembele. All of these players are likely to be prominent in the top goalscorer market.
- There is plenty of experience in that squad. Many of these players featured at the previous tournament and play week in-week out at the top level.
- Didier Deschamps has helped steady the ship since taking over in 2012 and there is unlikely to be a repeat of the fall-out which occurred in 2010.
3 Reasons Brazil Could Win the 2018 World Cup
Brazil were the early pace-setters in the outright market following their straightforward qualifying campaign and they remain prominent in the betting at 5/1. They have also been heavily backed to reach the finals.
- They will desperate to avenge 2014. True, they’ve undergone a mass overhaul since the humiliation of losing 7-1 to Germany but the fans won’t forget that harrowing experience and the players owe it to their supporters to make amends for that embarrassment.
- Wonderful Individuals. Man-for-man, Brazil probably have the most talent in their squad. Phillipe Countinho, Casemiro, Neymar and Gabriel Jesus all have the potential to be match-winners and they should all shine in Russia.
- The boss has completely transformed the mentality of the team and the players clearly enjoy working with him.
3 Reasons Spain Could Win the 2018 World Cup
Spain have quietly gone about their business and are largely flying under the radar in the outright market. They have been excellent in qualifying and are currently available at 7/1 to pick up their second success in this competition.
- They have a squad who may be ageing but possess the know-how and the ability to stagger themselves and work their way to the latter stages of the competition. They will be popular in the markets to reach the quarter and semi-finals.
- Solid Backline. It’s difficult to get past the Spanish back-line and even then, you’ll still have to beat David de Gea! Their defence contains Pique, Ramos and Alba and won’t allow the opposition any space whatsoever.
- David Silva. The Manchester City man is a magician and is one of the most entertaining players to watch in the world. He is likely to be heavily involved and could be the star of the 2018 tournament.
3 Reasons Argentina Could Win the 2018 World Cup
Argentina endured a nightmare qualifying campaign under Jorge Sampaoli but did eventually secure their place at the tournament. They are 9/1 to prevail in Russia.
- Lionel Messi. Need we say any more…he is the favourite in the top goalscorer market for a reason and is capable of shining on this International stage.
- Sergio Aguero. Another tremendous talent whose fitness record has improved over the past year and is coming off the back of a memorable season at Manchester City.
- The Unpredictable. They are perfectly capable but have underperformed during the qualifying campaign. They have the ability to rip any team apart with their attacking talent and most fans are just waiting for that time to arrive.