Winning Country Predictions for Russia 2018
This is our world cup 2018 winning country page where we have all the latest odds from top betting sites on who the favourites to win the World Cup will be. We’ve limited it to the top five favourite countries and below you will find all the information you need to help you choose your bets. It’s important to remember, that final odds for each country will change as the games kick off in June and we will be updating all our pages to coincide with these.
World Cup 2018 Winning Country Predictions
The current title holders are one of the favourites to make it through all the qualification rounds and be there in the final in July. The top sports books have Germany tied with Brazil in as odds on favourites. Germany will be hoping to hold onto the trophy and below we have our three reasons why they might just do this.
3 Reasons Germany Could Win the World Cup 2018
- Germany already hold the title and have had a good start to the competition. They have been final contenders four times in the past already.
- In the qualifiers Germany won all ten of their games and have been unbeaten in the last 21 matches they’ve played.
- With 43 goals already scored in the competition and coach Joachim Low still in charge, they have a great chance of winning again.
Brazil are tied favourites with Germany to win Russia 2018. They have had excellent success since their manager Tite took over in 2016 and they won the majority of their games in the CONMEBOL qualification rounds. They will be looking to take the trophy after losing out in 2014.
3 Reasons Brazil Might Win Russia 2018
- They have a number of world class players on their team including Neymar and Gabriel Jesus, both of whom are in the running for top goalscorer too.
- In the qualifiers, they lost just one of their eighteen matches. They also finished top of their group with a 10 point lead.
- They have been drawn in Group E and have a 93% probability of being the group winner here.
France are the third favourite to win the World Cup and all eyes will be on coach Deschamps to see what he can do. France performed very well in the qualifiers and made it as far as the quarter finals in 2014 where they were beaten by Germany.
3 Reasons France Could Win
- They’ve had a strong performance so far and won seven out of ten of their qualifying matches.
- Didier Deschamps is their coach and his outstanding performance over his career speaks for itself.
- Their star players include Antoine Griezmann who is also in the running to the top goalscorer prize too.
Spain have been placed fourth in the odds for overall winner for Russia 2018 and bookmakers currently have them priced at 7/1 as the winning country. Jules Lopetegui is the manager and fans will be keen to see them have a victory. Spain haven’t won a major title in the last six years.
3 Reasons Spain Could Win The Title
- They were the team to beat up until the 2014 world cup when they went out in the group stages. They’ve been impressive so far and won nine out of ten games in the qualifiers.
- Under coach Lopetegui, Spain has won all thirteen of the matches they have played since he was appointed back in July 2016.
- During the qualifies David Silva one of their star players scored a total of 36 goals and will be one to watch.
Argentina take fifth place in the in the table of teams contending of the World Cup 2018 title. They are priced at 8/1 and were the losing team against Germany in the 2014 finals. Even though they are fifth likely to win, they are one of the strongest teams in the competition.
3 Reasons Argentina Could be the Winning Country
- World number one striker Lionel Messi is part of their team and he is favorite to win the Golden Boot. We can expect a lot of goals from him.
- Argentina haven’t won a World Cup since 1986 but with manager Jorge Sampaoli and all his experience this could be about to change.
- Argentina have been drawn in Group D and have an excellent chance of coming out as the group winner. Their group includes Iceland, Croatia, and Nigeria.