Vidi vs Chelsea: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, December 13th, 2018, 19:55
Vidi know they face a tough task if they are to go through but they can progress to the round of 32 by beating Maurizio Sarri’s side.
A better result in Belarus against BATE in their last Europa League match will have put the Hungarian champions in a better position to qualify but they will take heart in the fact that it is still in their hands – even if the opposition will be heavily favoured by most betting sites in the country.
Chelsea have hardly broken a sweat so far in the Europa League with five wins out of five. It was just a solitary Alvaro Morata goal that saw off the Hungarian side at Stamford Bridge but the Londoners will be confident that they can go through with a 100% record.
Vidi are looking good for qualifying for Europe once again this season as they sit second to Ferencvaros in the Hungarian league. Supporters will still look back fondly on the 1984/85 season when they – in their Videoton guise – made it all the way to the final of the UEFA Cup where they lost to Real Madrid.
Chelsea have scored eight goals in their last three Europa League matches – including a hat-trick from Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the win over BATE Borisov. With qualification already assured they may take their foot off the pedal somewhat but should still win in a comfortable manner – 2-0 to the West London side.
- Chelsea to win to nil
Although Vidi need to get something from this match Chelsea have had no trouble in any of the games so far and could keep another clean sheet in Hungary.
- Chelsea to score in both halves
Chelsea have played some lovely football in this campaign so far and have spread their goals throughout their matches. Expect at least one celebration in each half.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Chelsea’s 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge in October was the only time these two sides have faced each other.
- Chelsea have won all their games in the group but the statistics suggest they should have scored more goals – no other side have recorded as many as their 117 attempts at goal.
- Vidi may well look to attempt to muscle Chelsea out of the game and it is likely that Szabolcs Huszti will be involved. Only two other players have committed more fouls in the Europa League this season.
- This is the first time since the 2012/13 season that Chelsea have played in the Europa League – they won it that year, beating Benfica 2-1 in the final.
- This is Vidi’s 14th European game of the season, having got all the way to the Champions League play off round before losing to AEK Athens and dropping into the Europa League