Tottenham vs Fulham: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
The match ended. Tottenham won 3-1. Bet on the next matches of the Premier League.
Tottenham’s last official home game at Wembley sees them take on an expensively prepared Fulham side looking to get their first top flight points since promotion.
Tottenham got themselves off to the perfect start against Newcastle and will expect to make it back to back wins as they bid farewell to Wembley ahead of the move into their new stadium.
A solid performance away at Newcastle has given Spurs a solid foundation to build on but there will be no Son Heung-min who is away on Asia Games duty.
However, this should matter little with all eyes firmly back on Harry Kane who is yet to break his August hoodoo.
Fulham were quite the opposite to Spurs in the transfer window and proved that plenty of signings need time to bed in.
A 2-0 home defeat to Crystal Palace was not ideal and this game against better opponents may come too soon for Fulham as they require time to start firing in all cylinders.
Expect Spurs to bid a fond farewell to Wembley with a 2-0 win.
Although Wembley is not White Hart Lane, when Fulham visit their city rivals, they often find goals hard to come by.
So much so in fact in Fulham’s last seven trips to face Tottenham, the Cottagers have scored just three times, making a Spurs shutout a distinctly possible occurrence.
Under 2.5 goals at odds against is simply too good to ignore.
Like it or not, Tottenham’s main goal threat has an issue with goals in August, never having scored, meaning a high scoring affair is out of the question as long as Kane’s drought continues.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
As expected, Tottenham have certainly had the better of Fulham over the last decade.
In their last ten matches in all competitions, Tottenham have recorded eight wins to Fulham’s rather poultry two.
The pair last met in the 2016/17 FA Cup in which Spurs recorded a 3-0 win at Craven Cottage.
That said, Fulham’s last win over Spurs came during a Premier League clash during the 2012/13 season and came AT White Hart Lane in which Dimitar Berbatov struck the winner for Fulham.
- This will be the pairs first meeting in the Premier League since the 19th April 2014 (Spurs won 3-1 that day).
- Fulham had the worst defence of the Championships top five last season.
- Already this season Fulham’s Tom Cairney and Jean Michael Seri have made the second highest number of passes with 93.
- Tottenham made the fourth highest number of passes in their opening fixture, 574 which is 97 less than Fulham completed.
- Fulham spent the third highest amount of money in the summer transfer window spending a whopping £110 million on signings