Newcastle vs Arsenal: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Two Spanish managers meet at St James’ Park with Rafa Benitez unsettled at Newcastle and Unai Emery still settling in at Arsenal.
Over the years, Newcastle versus Arsenal has been a tie to get the juices following with goals in abundance.
However, in recent years and due to the Magpies’ plight, the clash has been a relatively one-sided affair.
That is not to say on home soil Benitez’s men will not put on a show as they attempt to disrupt Arsenal from making it three league wins in a row this season with the home side looking to get their first maximum of the campaign.
Arsenal look like they are getting to grips with new coach Unai Emery’s methods but frailties at the back continue to hamper the Gunners progress.
This is something Newcastle must exploit but with just three goals to their name may find difficult to do.
The Gunners have managed six goals in their last two games and it is that scoring ability that will see Arsenal through.
But only just as once again the Arsenal defence allow the opposition in to score with a tight 1-2 in Arsenal’s favour the prediction.
Head to Head
Arsenal to win is 1.89. Bet now
That is a price worth taking considering the Magpies internal struggles.
8/1 may seem like something of long shot but Newcastle have lost three of their four league games this season by that scoreline including both games at St James Park.
Arsenal to score first is 1.62.Bet now
Value like that is hard to find and well worth backing.
Perhaps a little more conservative this bet but considering every game Newcastle have played in this season (including the League Cup) in which a goal has been scored, the Magpies have conceded first never once having led a game.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Newcastle welcome Arsenal to St James Park safe in the knowledge that upon their last visit, the Magpies took all three points.
April’s contest was the game that all but assured Newcastle’s safety thanks to goals from Ayoze Perez and Matt Ritchie gave the home side a vital 2-1 win despite Lacazette opening the scoring for the visitors.
Aside from that, the Gunners have dominated Newcastle in the Premier League era. Preceding that Magpies win, Arsenal had won the previous ten encounters in all competitions with Newcastle recording just two wins in their last twenty-two meetings.
- The pair shared ten goals in a 2012 Premier League contest in which Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick in a 7-3 Arsenal win at the Emirates.
- Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has made three through balls this season which is just one behind Chelsea’s David Luis who has four.
- Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka has three yellow cards to his name already this season which is the joint highest in the league.
- In the four matches between the two from the 5th Feb 2011 to the 29th December 2012, twenty-one goals were scored which was an average of 5.25 goals per game.
- With just 44 to their name, Newcastle have made the fewest crosses in the Premier league this season.