Man Utd vs Arsenal: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 @22:00
There used to be no bigger contest in English football than this one, but times change as fallen giants Arsenal and Manchester United aim to rekindle the flames of past glories.
Old Trafford has witnessed many a memorable encounter with the Gunners, but it appears the rivalry has softened somewhat with both now harbouring a similar goal of not the title, but rather top four.
Arsenal’s new evolution under Unai Emery has begun well but one cannot change everything overnight and some of the frailties left over from Arsene Wenger’s reign still remain, whilst Manchester United appear to lack ‘heart’ according to their manager Jose Mourinho.
Problems indeed for both but an opportunity to get over the old enemy is never one to pass up.
United did the double over Arsenal last season and will eye another three points especially considering Arsenal’s week prior to this game involved a daunting trip to Ukraine and then an equally hostile North London Derby against Tottenham.
- Manchester United to win with a one goal margin
United have not been entertaining of late and all five of their last wins in all competitions has been by a single goal margin.
- A United win and both teams to score
The Red Devils did the double over Arsenal last season and five of the last six between the two has seen both teams score.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There is plenty of head to head records to trawl through between these two but as mentioned it is Manchester United who enjoyed six points over their rivals last season.
In Arsene Wenger’s final year in charge of Arsenal it would have hurt to have seen his side lose 3-1 at the Emirates and then suffer a 2-1 defeat on his last visit to Old Trafford.
However, overall, Arsenal’s record is solid enough with Manchester United claiming 98 wins, Arsenal 82 and a total of 47 draws since the pairs first meeting in 1894 when the two sides drew 3-3 in a League Division Two game.
- With sixteen away goals to their name this season, Arsenal have netted on the road more than any side at the time of writing.
- Arsenal has not won a Premier League game at Old Trafford since September 2006 when Emmanuel Adebayor struck an 86th minute winner.
- If Manchester United win, it will be their 99th victory over Arsenal in all competitions.
- The first meeting between the two came in 1894 when the pair were known as Newton Heath and Woolwich Arsenal, a 3-3 draw was the result.
- Manchester United has scored eight goals at home as well as conceding eight.