Man. United VS Young Boys: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, 10:00pm
Old Trafford Manchester
Manchester United welcome Swiss side Young Boys to Old Trafford knowing that a win could be enough to see them through in the Champions League.
Manchester United’s Champions League campaign has been as inconsistent as their Premier League season so far. A defeat at home to Juventus on match day three seemed to have been a major stumble before they then went and won in Turin. A win against Young Boys will be expected however, and anything other than a United home win would be one of the biggest shocks the Champions League has seen.
A first ever Champions League group stage campaign has been as expected for Young Boys, only picking up the one point so far at home to Valencia. Losing against United would mean that the Swiss side’s European games would be over for the season.
United’s home form in the Champions League has been woeful this season – drawing against Valencia and losing to Juventus. Both away fixtures have resulted in victories however and a first home win against Young Boys would see them through if Valencia fail to beat Juventus.
Young Boys are continuing where they left off last season in the Swiss Super League – they have only lost one match all season and are already miles ahead of their closest rivals in the table. A United win seems likely here though – maybe even 3-0 – to see Young Boys return to Switzerland to concentrate on the league.
- Manchester United to win to nil
Young Boys have only scored two goals in four Champions League matches and with United looking for all three points it seems unlikely that David De Gea will be troubled too much.
- Anthony Martial to be first goal scorer
From seeming a disconsolate figure at the start of the season, Martial has been on fire recently and another goal against Young Boys would not be a surprise.
1 x 2 Odds
|Man. United||Draw||Young Boys|
Head to Head
These two sides have only met once before – United’s 3-0 victory in the group’s opening fixture.
- Although they will be expected to win, United do not have a good history at home to Swiss sides – they have only won one and drawn two.
- Young Boys have let in three goals in three of their four group stage matches this season. The other match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Manchester United have failed to score at Old Trafford in the Champions League this season – drawing 0-0 with Valencia and losing 0-1 to Juventus.
- No one has scored fewer goals than Young Boys in the Champions League group stage this season. Lokomotiv Moscow, AEK Athens and Monaco have all also only found the net twice.