Man City vs Huddersfield: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
The match ended. Manchester City won 6-1. Bet on the next matches of the Premier League.
Huddersfield Town are the next team to face the Manchester City juggernaut in a game in which absolutely no one gives the away side a chance.
One game in and it seems the whole nation has already accepted Manchester City as the 2018/19 Premier League champions.
To be fair, it is not hard to see why, a composed performance against Arsenal at the Emirates followed a carving of Chelsea in the Community Shield and if those two heavyweights of English football posed the Citizens no threat, what hope have Huddersfield got?
Pretty much zero chance is the answer and anything other than a sweeping City win will be something of a shock.
Last season City scored the most goals (106) and had the most shots (665). Last season Huddersfield scored the joint lowest amount of goals (28 with relegated Stoke) and had 303 less shots than City. Need we really say more?
Looking for value in the betting brings to the penalty market. Last season, Huddersfield conceded six penalties which was the league joint second highest, ironically one of those was against City in which Sergio Aguero scored. Also, already the Terriers have conceded a penalty this season against Chelsea.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Surprisingly, the last ten encounters between the pair are fairly evenly matched with City claiming three wins, Huddersfield two victories and the remaining five all ending up as draws.
However, when you consider the last ten games stretches all the way back to 1996 (and well before City struck a mega rich owner) it is suddenly not hard to see why the even record.
Last season is a more realistic case study as City took the three points at Huddersfield John Smith Stadium with a 1-2 win before the Terriers came to the Etihad and stole a point in a 0-0.
That may sound impressive but remember that draw was right at the end of last season with the title firmly wrapped up and City in party mode.
- Last season was the first time that Manchester City and Huddersfield had met in the top flight of English football since 1972.
- In November 1987, Manchester City hammered Huddersfield 10-1 in a League Division Two match.
- Already this season Huddersfield have hit the woodwork twice.
- Manchester City made the least number of clearances last season with 588, that is 148 less than the 19th place side, Liverpool.
- Huddersfield Town recorded the joint second highest number of loses last season with 19 defeats despite staying in the division.