Man City vs Everton: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 15, 2018 @14:30
City of Manchester Stadium
Pep Guardiola welcomes Everton to the Etihad hoping that his Manchester City side can get back to winning ways after defeat at Chelsea.
The loss at Stamford Bridge was Manchester City’s first this season – and in 22 consecutive Premier League games. The thought that this might derail the champions seems absurd however and Everton will know that they face a tough task to get anything from this game.
Everton had been playing some good football and picking up some points in recent weeks so the draw at home to Newcastle was a bit of a disappointment. Keeping in touch with the European spots is their main goal at this stage of the season but going away to City is always difficult and a draw would be a fantastic result.
City were all over Chelsea in the first half of their match but were curiously overrun by the home side in the second half and did not deserve to take anything from the game in the end. Sergio Agüero could be back for the visit of Everton and the Argentinian striker has been sorely missed.
Everton took a little while to get going this season but look a much more settled side under Marco Silva – especially now Richarlison is back. After City they face Spurs at home but then have a couple of relatively easy away games over Christmas to try to pick up some points. The champions will be too strong here though and could win this one 2-0.
- Manchester City to win to nil
City have won without conceding on six occasions in the Premier League this season and when they are on their game the defence is very solid.
- Raheem Sterling to be first goal scorer
If Sergio Agüero returns then most top betting sites will have him to score first but Raheem Sterling has more freedom when the Argentinian striker plays so that’s where the value lies.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Historically the record between these two sides is fairly even and Manchester City have actually not beaten Everton at home in the league since 2014.
- Manchester City have scored more goals than anyone else in the Premier League this season by quite a margin. The next most successful side – Arsenal – have scored 10 fewer.
- Everton have scored less than half the total goals of Manchester City but they do like to get the ball out wide. The Merseyside club have recorded more crosses this season than anyone else.
- Pep Guardiola has brought his famous style of football to the Premier League and his Manchester City side have recorded more passes than any other team. Only Chelsea come anywhere close.
- These two sides have collected the fewest yellow cards in the Premier League this season – although Everton players have received red cards on two occasions.