Liverpool vs Man Utd: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, December 16, 2018, 18:00
Arguably the two bitterest rivals in the Premier League collide at Anfield in a contest the home side will be eager to win in order to maintain their place at the summit of the table.
It is almost a case of a no-win situation for Manchester United – no one wants to lose, and defeat would be compounded by handing Liverpool a guaranteed lead at the top of the table whereas victory would give their city rivals an advantage.
However, trivial things such as those should hardly impact Manchester United as the need to get their own season back on track far outweighs a title race they are no part of.
Liverpool certainly head into the game as favourites having won six and drawn one of their seven home league games this season whereas United have lost three on the road and even boast a negative away goal difference.
However, this encounter has the feel of a derby with some of the best Premier League football we have ever seen down the years.
Four of the last five meetings in all competitions has resulted in a draw and after United’s morale boasting win over Fulham at the weekend spurring the Red Devils on, expect a third 1-1 draw in the last six meetings to be the result in this one.
- Under 2.5 goals
One may expect plenty of goals between these two, but history suggests otherwise. So much so in fact that six of the last seven head to heads has resulted in under 2.5 goals making it a good way to go with popular betting sites for a different bet.
- The draw and both teams to score
As mentioned above, four of the last five games between the two has resulted in a draw with two score-draws in those four.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Manchester United claimed bragging rights last season claiming four points from a possible six over the Reds.
A 0-0 at Anfield in October was followed up with a 2-1 win at Old Trafford thanks to a Marcus Rashford brace.
The pair have met 228 times in competitive action with Liverpool claiming 75 wins, Manchester United winning 88 contests and a total of 65 draws since the pairs first ever meeting in 1894 with Liverpool victorious.
- Following Manchester City’s defeat at Chelsea last weekend, Liverpool are now the only side unbeaten in the Premier League this season.
- Liverpool has hit the woodwork more times than anyone else this season (11).
- Manchester United boast negative goal difference on the road the road this season having scored 14 times and conceded 15.
- Remarkably, Liverpool have conceded just once at Anfield in the Premier League.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson has kept more clean sheets this season in the league than anyone else with 10, that is eight more than United’s David De Gea.