Leverkusen vs Ludogorets: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, November 29th, 2018, 7:55pm
Bayer Leverkusen’s bid to top Group A sees them take on a Ludogorets side facing a tough battle to avoid the group’s wooden spoon.
Bulgarian side Ludogorets head to Germany carrying some domestic form with them after going 13 league games without a loss.
However, it is safe to say the Bulgarian First Professional League is not quite up to the standard of the Bundesliga and European form has shown that.
Two draws and two defeats in their four Europa League group game outings hardly instils confidence in Antoni Zdravkov’s Bulgarian champions especially considering it was Leverkusen who inflicted one of those two defeats on them.
There are few prizes for predicting more of the same from the Germans who should sweep to a fourth Europa League victory in five games to ensure the battle for top spot with FC Zurich stays firmly in their own hands.
Leverkusen won 3-2 that day in the Ludogorets Arena but a more comfortable night is set to be on the cards for Heiko Herrlich’s Leverkusen side.
Bayer have kept back to back clean sheets in their last two home games in all competitions and considering Ludogorets have only scored three goals in their four Europa League group games so far, a steady 2-0 home win looks the best prediction for this game.
- Leverkusen to keep a clean sheet
Ludogorets have only managed to net three times in the group stage of the Europa League this season and only once away from home whilst the German side have kept back to back clean sheets at home in all competitions.
- 2 goals in the second half
Remarkably, of Bayer Leverkusen’s ten goals in the group stages this season, eight of them have come in the second half meaning a slow start is a likely scenario with the game coming to life in the second 45.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The only prior meeting between the two was the reverse fixture in Bulgaria.
Ludogorets raced into a shock 2-0 lead thanks to strikes from Claudiu Keseru and Marcelinho but the Germans pulled a goal back before the break thanks to Kai Havertz before Isaac Thelin equalised in the 63rd minute and Havertz’s second ensured Leverkusen headed home with the spoils.
- Bayer Leverkusen’s win over Ludogorets in September was the first time they had ever beaten a Bulgarian opponent out of three games.
- Bayer Leverkusen won the UEFA Cup (Europa League predecessor) in 1988 defeating Espanyol in the final.
- Ludogorets have never gone further than the round of 16 in the Europa League.
- Bayer Leverkusen have already qualified but sit level on nine points with Zurich to see who tops the group.
- Ludogorets cannot qualify but sit on two points with AEK Larnaca at the bottom of group A.
Previous matches played by Leverkusen:
Previous match played by Ludogorets: