Juventus vs Cagliari: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Serie A’s seven time champions are at home against a potential relegation candidate, but it might not be as straight forward you’d expect.
It was normal business resumed against Empoli after Massimiliano Allegri’s Juventus came back from behind to win 2-1 after dropping points for the first time this season against Genoa a week earlier. One might expect business to be resumed once again as the Bianconeri face off against Rolando Maran’s Cagliari. However, it may not be as easy as expected.
The former Chievo Coach has reshaped Cagliari into his vision of a football team – defensive and solid. The visitors have the seventh best defensive record in Serie A with eleven goals conceded in ten games and more than half of those goals have come in three games, a third of them in the first two games.
However, Juventus are still Juventus and the best team in the league for good reason. The individual quality oozes from this squad and almost any XI you can choose. Expect a home victory here but it may not be easy or straightforward – 2-0 Juve.
- Juventus and under 2.5 goals
A couple of pointers toward this being a great bet. There have been under 2.5 goals in Cagliari’s last six Serie A away games. Whilst the home side have Italy’s best attack, their opponents surprisingly have the seventh best defense, averaging just over a goal conceded per game.
- Juventus to win to nil
Cagliari have only scored nine goals in ten league games with two of those coming in away games. On the contrary, Juventus have only conceded three games in five league games this season.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Over the course of both of their histories the pair have faced each other a grand total of 37 times. Unsurprisingly, it’s been rather one sided in the favour of Juventus with 23 wins for the Bianconeri, 10 draws and four Cagliari wins.
The last Cagliari win dates back to November 2009, when future Juve striker Alessandro Matri was on the scoresheet as they won 2-0.
- Juventus have the joint best home form in the league along with Fiorentina, winning four, drawing one and losing none.
- Cagliari have the sixth worst away record in the league, picking up just four points from five games, one win, one draw and three losses.
- Maran’s side have won the third most aerial duels per game this season in Serie A, with 21.3.
- Juventus are first in Serie A and for good reason, they’re first in goals, shots per game, possession % and pass accuracy.