FC Zürich vs Bayern Leverkusen: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 18:55
Group A table toppers FC Zurich and Bayern Leverkusen clash at the Letzigrund on Thursday night which holds fond memories for the visitors.
Two wins apiece to begin their Europa League group has been a solid if not unexpected return for both these two sides.
However, now the battle to see who undoubtedly will finish top of group A is set to get underway and it is German side Bayer Leverkusen who no doubt feels a little more confident than their opponents.
Seven goals in two Europa League games has been an impressive return but shipping four goals has also given head Bayer head coach Heiko Herrlich something to think about.
Scoring goals though is what wins games and the German’s know how to do that in abundance and scored five at Zurich’s Letzigrund on their last visit.
We do not quite expect that again, but we do expect the Germans to get the job done with a classy 3-1 win.
Both teams to score
- Bayer Leverkusen to win and both teams to score
For an outright price, that is certainly worth backing.
If there is one thing Leverkusen are known for this season it is finding the back of the net. Seven goals in their opening two Europa League games is testament to that with three struck away at Ludgorets in a tricky encounter making the German’s the best bet for the three points.
- Over 2.5 goals
This bet goes hand in hand with the above bet and is a nice addition to add an even bigger win to your pot.
We have highlighted why Bayer will score but on home soil Zurich has scored in six of their last seven games prior to the Young Boys clash.
1 x 2 Odds
|FC Zürich||Draw||Bayern Leverkusen|
Head to Head
The pair have only ever met once before.
That was during the 2007/08 UEFA Cup campaign and was the sides’ final group game.
Played at Zurich’s Letzigrund and the German’s had a night to remember winning the game 5-0.
To this day that remains Leverkusen’s biggest European away win while for Zurich it is still their biggest ever European home loss.
- Bayer Leverkusen have never lost to Swiss opponents in three matches after beating Sion 3-1 on aggregate and Zurich 5-0.
- FC Zurich host Bayer Leverkusen knowing that they have never beaten a Bundesliga club.
- Leverkusen are the joint highest scorers in the Europa League this season with Arsenal on seven.
- Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz has had more attempts on target in the Europa League group stage this season and is also the joint top scorer with three.
- Bayer Leverkusen won this tournament back in 1988 while Zurich have been twice runners up in the European Champions Cup in 1964 and 1977.