Empoli vs Juventus: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
After their 1-1 draw against Genoa last weekend, a fired up Juventus looking for a rebound is a dangerous prospect for any side, let alone relegation threatened Empoli.
It only takes one slip in a competitive title race to allow your rival or rivals to regenerate some hope. Juventus’ draw against Genoa last weekend has brought Napoli within four points and the Bianconeri will be feeling slightly more pressure than usual.
But then of course these are the winners of the past seven Scudetti facing off against a relegation threatened team.
Empoli are the fourth worst team in the league when it comes to playing at home, taking just four points from four games. To the contrary, Juventus are the best away team in the entire league. Winning four of four away trips, scoring nine and conceding three.
Despite being the away side, you can Juventus to dominate for long periods, if not the entirety of the game. Games such as these have been Cristiano Ronaldo’s bread and butter for years, and Massimiliano Allegri is an expert in getting his side fired up following a disappointing result.
There may be some lag from their visit to Old Trafford midweek but Allegri’s side have more than enough quality and depth on the bench to see this one through. 3-0 Juventus.
- Juventus and over 2.5 goals in the game – Bet Now
Juventus have scored at least two goals in their last four away games. Considering they’re facing third from bottom Empoli, this should be a wrap and likely more than contain two goals.
- Juventus to win to nil – Bet Now
It’s Serie A’s second best defence facing off against the fifth worst attack in the league with Empoli only eight goals scored in nine games. The odds being almost at evens for this one are very tempting.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There have been 20 games between these two sides in history and unsurprisingly Juventus have often come out the victors.
The Bianconeri have won fifteen games, splitting three draws and Empoli have taken two wins. The last Empoli win dates back to December 2007, where they won 2-1 in the Coppa Italia before losing 5-3 in the return leg.
Empoli’s only ever league victory against Juventus came in April 1999.
- Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is taking the most shots per game in Serie A and in Europe with a mindboggling eight.
- Empoli have an eager shot-taker of their own, with Miha Zajc taking 3.8 shots per game, the fifth most in Serie A. Unfortunately he only has one goal to show for it.
- Auerlio Andreazzoli’s Empoli could be considered the third dirtiest side in Serie A, with 20 yellows and one red in nine games thus far.
- Serie A leaders Juventus should be considered rightful leaders considering they’ve scored the most goals, conceded the second least, take the most shots, have the highest pass accuracy and possession.