Dudelange VS Milan: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, September 20th, 2018, 21:00pm
Stade Josy Barthel Luxembourg
It’s a meeting of minnows and heavyweights as Dudelange of Luxembourg host the famous Italians of Milan in the Europa League.
Luxembourg minnows F91 Dudelange host Italian heavyweights Milan at the country’s national stadium Stade Josy Barthel after F91’s tiny Stade Jos Nosbaum ability to hold only 2,558 was deemed too small for such an occasion.
It is the first time a team from Luxembourg has ever made it this far in European competition and it promises to be a night to remember.
Milan will have viewed this game as three points in the bag when the group stage draw was made, however, one should never be too presumptuous.
In order to reach the group stage, Dudelange have beaten European regulars Legia Warsaw and CFR Cluj and are no fools on home soil.
However, the gulf in class is clear and Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso will know his side are expected to win and win well.
As well they should after the home side have had a shaky start to the season that saw them lose 4-1 to mid-table side Mondorf-les-Bains in their last home game.
Expect Milan to get the job done with a comfortable 3-0 win with Gattuso set to bring in the changes.
- AC Milan to win and prevent at 1.19. Bet Now with Betway.
This is one of the best ways to get value from the inevitable Milan win.
Milan are to fail to find the back of the net in Serie A this season, and will no doubt continue that trend in Luxembourg and although F91 may only failed to score once in their last six, the step up in opposition is sure to tell.
- Both teams to score at 1.99. Bet Now with Betway.
The other way to get value from the Milan win is to bet on a Milan handicap of -2 goals.
Dudelange have conceded eight goals in their last five games whilst Milan have scored five in three against far superior opponents.
Milan will be eager to build up a solid goal difference in a with the likes of Real Betis and Olympiakos for company.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly, the pair have never met in competition.
In fact, this is the first time any team from Luxembourg has ever made it to the group stage of European competition.
It is also the first time that F91 has ever faced Italian opposition in Europe despite having played 27 Champions League/Europa League qualifying games since 2000.
- Milan may be contesting the Europa League this season, but the famous club have won Europe’s elite Champions League competition a total of seven times.
- This is Dudelange’s first ever European competition group stage appearance.
- Dudelange opted to play the game at Luxembourg’s national stadium which as a capacity of 8,125 as opposed to their own ground which holds just 2,558.
- Dudelange has won the last three Luxembourg league titles but currently sit 12th out of 14 after four games.
- Milan sit 14th in Serie after three games this season but do boast a game in hand of many of those above them.