Crystal Palace vs Arsenal: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, October 28, 2018 @14:30
Selhurst Park, London
A rejuvenated Arsenal head to Crystal Palace for a tight game in which the home side will look to talisman Wilfried Zaha in the hope that he will once again make all the difference.
There is a feel-good factor at Arsenal as the Gunners have been quietly going about their business of winning matches with the minimum of fuss.
They will be looking at this trip as yet another three-points that should be in the bag.
That is largely because Palace are so reliant on one man, Wilfried Zaha.
Nullify the Ivorian and more often than not you will come away with the win.
Even with Zaha in the Palace line up, Arsenal will not be too concerned. One look at the record books shows you the dominance the Gunners possess over the Eagles having lost just once to Palace in 23-years.
Another 2-0 win for the Arsenal is the prediction in this one as the Eagles feel the pain of a fourth straight league loss.
- Both teams to score result is no
That price certainly makes this bet worth a punt as Arsenal’s defence has been strong of late and quite remarkably, Palace have yet to score at Selhurst Park this season adding a little more misery for the Eagles as they start to mix it with the relegation fodder.
- Arsenal to score a penalty
So far this season Crystal Palace have conceded three penalties which is the joint highest number in the Premier League this season making 5/1 a fair shout in anyone’s book.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
History certainly favours the visitors when it comes to the head to head records.
In fact, Palace has only won one of the last seventeen meetings between the two in all competitions in a run that goes all the way back to 1995.
That said, the Eagles did enjoy that sole home win this century as recently as April 2017 in a 3-0 thumping win at the end of the campaign.
Arsenal quickly got their revenge though taking maximum points from Palace last season winning 3-2 at Selhurst Park and then hammering the Eagles 4-1 at the Emirates.
Overall, Crystal Palace has recorded just eight wins in total with the Gunners claiming 28 victories and 11 draws.
- Crystal Palace (and Huddersfield Town) are yet to score a home goal this season.
- Arsenal have won nine of the 12 meetings between the two this century.
- The Eagles have conceded three penalties this season which is the joint highest number of the campaign.
- Despite being opposite ends of the table, it is Crystal Palace who boast one clean sheet more than Arsenal this season (three to two).
- Crystal Palace are yet to score a headed goal this season while Arsenal have managed just one.