Chelsea vs Man City: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
The big games come thick and fast in December as Pep Guardiola takes his city side to Stamford Bridge in arguably their sternest test of the campaign so far.
The neutral may well support Chelsea in this one as victory for City could prematurely end any hope Maurizio Sarri has of nabbing the Premier League title in his first season.
However, they will be against it as City hold a level of recent dominance over the Blues having won the last three contests in a row in all competitions.
That said, Chelsea are unbeaten at home this season with five wins and three draws and will be eager to not lose that record.
A tactical master class looks set to ensue from both sides in this epic encounter and although City have been scoring for fun this season, tradition and Chelsea’s organisation suggests this will be a different game entirely.
Just two goals were scored between the pair in 180 minutes of football last season (both in City’s favour) and with Chelsea’s penchant for a home draw this season, an impressive 1-1 looks like being the best prediction for this game.
- The 1-1 score line
The last two draws between these two has been by that score line and with just two goals netted in two matches last season and the sides defensive records this season, do not expect goals galore in this one.
- Under 2.5 goals
This bet is much for the same reason as above and even the Community shield in August between the pair only wielded two goals (again in City’s favour).
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
It is difficult to read too much into the overall head to head records as both sides have (and are) enjoying periods of dominance.
However, Manchester City have won the last three contests between the two in all competitions with back to back 1-0 league wins last season and a 2-0 Community shield win in August.
That said, the season prior to last, Chelsea did the double over the citizens and overall the Blues have won 66 times with City claiming 55 and a total of 39 draws.
- Manchester City have already beaten Chelsea once this season in August’s Community Shield.
- Chelsea are unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in all competitions this season having won 9 of their 12 home games so far.
- At the time of writing only Manchester City (30) have scored more goals than Chelsea (17) at home this season.
- Both sides face European matches after this game, but both have already qualified for the latter stages.
- The first ever meeting between the two came in December 1907 in which the pair drew 2-2 in a Division Two game.