Chelsea vs Leicester: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 22nd 2018, @17:00
Chelsea welcome Leicester City to Stamford Bridge in a game that the home side need to win in order to maintain their slender grip on a top four place.
Leicester City make the trip down to the capital struggling to put a run of consistency together this season however, that does make them a pack of unpredictable wily old foxes.
That is because the Blues have won five of the last six meetings with Leicester in all competitions and have not lost at the Bridge since September 2000.
To add a little more misery to the Foxes’ chances, Chelsea are also unbeaten at home this season, having won six of their nine Premier League home encounters this campaign. They bounced back from defeat at Wolves to beat defending champions Manchester City in their last home league match.
All of this points to the home win and it is hard to back anything else although it will be close.
Only once has Leicester failed to score on the road this season while Chelsea have averaged ten goals in their last five home league games making a 2-1 home win the only way to go in this one.
- Both teams to score
Only once have Chelsea failed to score at home this season and only once has the Foxes failed to score on the road.
- Leicester to score in the second half
All of Leicester’s last three away Premier League goals have come in the second half, making a Foxes late show almost a certainty and a top bet with online betting sites for some second half action.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Chelsea have enjoyed much success over the Foxes of late having last met in March this year when Chelsea won 2-1 in the FA Cup.
The Blues also took four points out of a possible six in the Premier League last season, winning 2-1 at the King Power before being held to a 0-0 draw at the Bridge.
Overall, Chelsea have claimed 56 wins to Leicester’s 25 and a total of 31 draws shared between the two.
- Leicester City have only won one of the last sixteen games between the pair with the Blues claiming 13 wins in that time.
- Only Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka (1621) has had more touches of the ball this season than Chelsea’s César Azpilicueta (1608).
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has made more assists than anyone else this season (9).
- Leicester City have had more red cards this season than anyone else (4).
- Neither Chelsea or Leicester are yet to score an own goal this campaign.