Chelsea vs Cardiff: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Chelsea welcome Cardiff City to Stamford Bridge looking to make it five from five for new boss Maurizio Sarri with Neil Warnock knowing he faces an uphill task for his side secure their first win of the season.
The Londoners have had their scoring boots on this season, netting 10 times in their four opening league games.
By contrast, Cardiff have only managed two goals all season and they both came in their last outing against Arsenal.
Despite signs of improvement against the Gunners, it still looks like it will be a long season for the Bluebirds and claiming anything from this game looks like something of a long shot.
Expect Chelsea to sweep to another victory in a game that many will view as a home banker and we completely agree.
Anything other than a dominant home win looks the order of the day and as the Blues are yet to score less than two goals in a game this season, a comfortable 3-0 home win looks a smart way to go.
Chelsea to win and keep a clean sheet is 1.19. Bet now with Betway
Hardly a surprise this but the bet makes complete sense when it comes to gaining any sort of value from the home win.
Cardiff have failed to score in 75% of their League matches this season and are yet to find the back of the net away from home.
With four wins from four and two clean sheets, Chelsea will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing the Bluebirds.
Both teams to score at 2.21. Bet now with Betway
Remarkably, Chelsea’s last four goals have come later than the 70th minute.
Expect a comfortable Blues win but Cardiff will still be dogged for the opening 45 minutes.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly, it is Chelsea who dominate the head to head records between the two over the last couple of decades.
The Bluebirds head to Stamford Bridge with the knowledge that they have never beaten Chelsea in the Premier League.
However, they have only met twice during the 2013/14 season in which the Blues won 4-1 at home before travelling to Cardiff and taking a 2-1 win.
- Cardiff’s last win at Stamford Bridge came in a 1981 League Division Two clash with the Bluebirds taking home a 1-0 win.
- Only Manchester City (11) have scored more than Chelsea’s ten goals this season.
- Cardiff have made more clearance than anyone this season, their total 134 is 16 more than Bournemouth and Newcastle’s 118.
- Chelsea have made more passes this season than any other side, their total of 2996 is 1872 more passes than Cardiff.
- Of Cardiff’s 134 clearances this season, 62 have come by way of the head and is the third most in the league just four behind Bournemouth.