Celtic vs Rosenborg: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, September 20th, 2018, 21:00pm
Celtic Park Glasgow
Norwegian giants Rosenborg head to Celtic Park with one goal in mind. Revenge.
The Hoops have already beaten Rosenborg once this season in the Champions League qualifying stages but now the two are pitted against each other once again in the Europa League group stage.
Expect fireworks as revenge is the order of the day.
Celtic host Rosenborg in confident mood after beating interim coach Rini Coolen’s men 3-1 at Celtic Park and drawing the away leg 0-0.
However, since then, Rosenborg have won nine of their last ten games in all competitions and top the Norwegian league table by two-points.
Brendan Rodgers Celtic side trial Hearts by five points after five games this season after a defeat to the league leaders and draw last time out with St Mirren has led to more questions than answers.
Celtic look a little unsure of themselves right now and Rosenborg will look to take advantage of that as they take a point back home with them in an unspectacular 0-0 draw.
- Celtic to keep a clean sheet is 1.42. Bet Now with Betway.
Despite a poor start domestically by Celtic’s lofty standards, the Scottish giants have not conceded a goal in their last four games and not since a 1-1 draw away at Suduva in August.
That means their last three games at Celtic Park the Hoops have not conceded making Rosenborg’s task all the harder.
- Under 2.5 goals is 1.82 Bet Now with Betway.
That is quite remarkable value for a game that on the face of it has little riding on it.
Celtic have also failed to score in the first half in their last two games whilst only one of Rosenborg’s last five goals on the road have come in the first half making a slow start look inevitable.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The two sides boast a rich history of competitive action against one another.
As already mentioned above, Celtic have already gotten the better of Rosenborg this season beating them 3-1 on aggregate in the Champions League second qualifying round (only to lose to AEK Athens in the next round).
That match was a similar scenario to twelve months prior in which Celtic reached the Champions League playoffs thanks to a single James Forrest strike gave Celtic a 1-0 win in Trondheim and on aggregate after the first leg ended 0-0.
- Twice in the last two season Celtic have gotten the better of Rosenborg to reach the latter stages of Champions League qualifying.
- Rosenborg won a record 25th Norwegian title last season and lead the current season by two points.
- Celtic were runners-up of this tournament during the 2002/03 season losing to Porto in the final.
- Celtic won their seventh straight Scottish Premier League title last season.
- Rosenborg have only ever beaten Celtic once with a record against the Hoops of won one, drawn two and lost five.