Ajax vs Bayern: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, December 12th 2018, @22:00
Johan Cruijff Arena Amsterdam
Former European heavyweights Ajax entertain Bundesliga champions Bayern in a contest that will sort out who finishes on top of Group E.
Whatever happens, both sides are assured of progression in a campaign that has seen neither side lose a game.
That is a scenario that would have been almost unthinkable at the start of the season with many sports betting sites perhaps predicting Ajax to struggle somewhat.
That has not been the case and the tournament has been the better for it but whereas a draw will be enough for Bayern, only victory will suffice for Ajax if they are to top the group.
Unfortunately for Ajax, that looks to tall an order as Bayern have been in indomitable form on the road in Europe this season.
Two wins and no goals conceded is Bayern’s record on the road although at home this season, Ajax are unbeaten in Europe this season at home including their qualifiers.
That means a repeat of the pairs’ 1-1 October draw is strong possibility as the both sides will likely cancel each other out with that result suiting the visitors more than the home support.
- Double chance of Ajax or the draw
This is a bet really about insurance as Bayern do not need to win and are unlikely to push matters if the game is a draw near the latter stages.
Ajax have to win to top the group and with are unbeaten in Europe this season so look a good bet to be the side to win it if there is going to be a winner.
- Under 2.5 goals
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
A steady 1-1 draw was played out in match day two at the Allianz with Mats Hummels firing the home side into the lead after four minutes and Ajax replying thanks to Noussair Mazraoui in the 22nd.
Overall, this will be the tenth meeting between the two with in which six of the previous nine contests have resulted in a home win.
- Neither side has lost a game yet in this seasons Champions League.
- This is the first time Ajax has achieved progression from the group stages since the 2005/06 season.
- Bayern have not lost in their last seven away European matches winning six and drawing one.
- The German outfit has won four of their ten away games against Dutch clubs drawing two in the process.
- This will be Ajax’s 12th Champions League game this season after beating Sturm Graz, Standard Liege and Dynamo Kiev in the qualifying rounds.