Young Boys vs Valencia: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018, 10:25 PM
Stade de Suisse Berne
Young Boys 1 – 1 Valencia
The two bottom sides in Group H collide in Switzerland with time running out if either are to make the knockout stage.
Swiss champions BSC Young Boys have had a torrid time so far in this seasons Champions League with no goals, no points and they have had to pick the ball out of their own net six times.
Things do not look like they are going to get much better against Valencia despite the Spanish outfit on something of a draw-fest this season.
Seven times Valencia has shared the spoils in all competitions this season, but the expectation is they will get back to winning ways in the Swiss city of Bern.
Young Boys cause is not helped by the fact that they have only won one of their last European matches at home whilst Valencia’s last two matches have seen them gain impressive draws against Manchester United and then Barcelona.
Expect the no goals misery to continue for Young Boys with Valencia taking a 1-0 away win to kick start their campaign.
- Valencia to keep a clean sheet 2.75 – BET NOW
Two games in and Swiss side Young Boys are yet to really threaten the opposition net despite being prolific in the below par Swiss league.
Just one win in six in Europe at home makes this bet stand out somewhat as Valencia have taken four points away from their last two away games in all competitions.
- Under 2.5 goals in the game 1.90 – BET NOW
Whilse Young Boys may be relatively prolific in the Swiss league (six goals in their last two games) in Europe they are not and are still searching for that first group goal this season.
One thing the visitors are not is high scorers.
In fact, Valencia have scored just three goals in their last five in all competitions so don’t tune in to this one if you want goals galore.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pair have never met before in European competition making the game something of an unknown but exciting entity for both.
However, Valencia’s record in Switzerland stands at one win, two draws and one loss making for an even contest according to the history books but one in which we just favour the visitors.
- Young Boys of Bern are yet to score a goal in this seasons Champions League.
- Valencia has recorded seven draws in all competitions since the start of the season including six draws in eight La Liga matches.
- Young Boys have only won two of their last twelve European games.
- Valencia lost 3-0 on their last trip to Switzerland to Basel in the 2013/14 Europa League quarter final but won the second leg in Spain 5-0.
- In total, Valencia have lost one, won five and drawn two against Swiss sides home and away.