Young Boys vs Juventus: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Thursday, December 13th 2018, @1:30 am
Stade de Suisse, Berne
Young Boys 2 – 1 Juventus
After the surprise defeat at home to Old Trafford, Juventus will want to be sure of top spot in Group H with a win against bottom of the group.
Juventus’ only defeat in competitive football this season, coming against Manchester United, may prove to be a valuable wake-up call in hindsight. Massimiliano Allegri’s side don’t often have lapses in their concentration, but when they do, they make sure it doesn’t happen again in the near future.
A win is a must to ensure Juventus finish atop of the group ahead of Manchester United, who travel to the Mestalla to face Valencia, who’ve secured a drop down to the Europa League.
The Old Lady aren’t often involved in score line massacres, but there’s good reason to think this could be one. Swiss side BSC Young Boys were rightly identified as the bottom feeders when this group was drawn and unfortunately they haven’t defied expectations. With just two goals scored and 11 conceded, every game has been an uphill struggle for them.
Juventus may play a slightly weakened side but it’ll still be a formidable one considering Allegri won’t take risks and squad depth they have, expect a rather straightforward win, 3-0 Juventus.
- Juventus to win to nil 2.10 – BET NOW
A win for Juventus secures their place at the group of Group H so you can expect the Bianconeri to take this game seriously. Combine that with Young Boys being the lowest scoring team in the competition and Juventus having the joint best defensive record. This one seems like a no brainer for sports betting sites.
- Over 2.5 goals 1.80 – BET NOW
Cristiano Ronaldo hasn’t been his usual prolific self in the Champions League this season so he’ll be particularly motivated to hit the back of the net, helping Juventus score more than two goals here.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Before their meeting earlier in this season’s Champions League group stages, Juventus and BSC Young Boys had never faced off in a football match.
The result of the reverse fixture was of course 3-0 in favour of Juventus, with Paolo Dybala bagging a hattrick.
- Juventus have scored the most goals and conceded the joint-least in Group H, with eight and two respectively.
- No team has scored fewer goals in Europe’s top competition this season than Young Boys with just two shots finding the back of the net.
- Only one player has committed more fouls this season than Swiss defender Loris Benito this season, who’s caught his opponents with an average of three misdemeanours per game.
- Juventus’ star forward Cristiano Ronaldo has had a staggering 11 shots from outside the box in four games this season, only two players have had more.