Wolves vs Tottenham: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, November 4th, 2018, 01:15 am
Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton
Wolves welcome Spurs to Molineux having lost both their previous two Premier League fixtures.
Wolves’ Portuguese contingent has gained a lot of fans this season after the club took the Championship by storm this season. But recently the wheels have come off the side’s season and three points at home to Spurs – however difficult it may prove to be – would be a great kick start to the campaign.
Tottenham have done well domestically this season while enduring a torrid time in their Champions League fixtures. An away fixture at Wolves is no easy task and Mauricio Pochettino would probably take anything other than a defeat as a huge positive. But Spurs have been impressive on the road so if anyone is going to come away with all three points it could well be Tottenham.
Molineux has been stronghold for Wolves this season, losing only one match so far. The home draws against Everton and Manchester City have probably been the highlights but Nuno Espirito Santo will know that his side need to score more goals if they are to stay far away from the relegation zone.
Tottenham’s defence has been miserly this season with only seven goals conceded before the visit of Manchester City. The Wembley hoodoo seems to have finally deserted the club as well and although it will be tough, given the resurgence of local rivals Arsenal, a Champions League spot is certainly not out of the question. A draw will do them here though – 1-1.
- Total goals under 2.5 1.90 – BET NOW
Wolves do not score many goals – even at home. But they do not concede many either so a low scoring draw seems likely.
- The draw 3.40 – BET NOW
Not many clubs will go to Molineux and come away with all three points – but Spurs could do just enough to snatch a point.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides have not met since 2012 when Spurs took four points from two games. Wolves haven’t beaten the north London side since 2010.
- Wolves have only conceded nine goals in the league this season – not bad for a newly promoted club. Unfortunately they have only scored nine as well.
- The last Tottenham player to score against Wolves was Luka Modric – currently starring for European giants Real Madrid.
- No club outside the top five have conceded fewer goals than Wolves this season. Keeper Rui Patricio also features towards the top of the most saves table.
- Spurs have only lost one match away from home this season – to Watford – while racking up an impressive 15 points on their travels.