Wolves vs Liverpool: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 22nd, 2018, @1:30 am
Wolves 2 – 1 Liverpool
Wolves welcome high flying Liverpool to Molineux knowing that they have their work cut out if they are to continue their winning streak.
When Wolves beat Bournemouth last time out it was the first time in almost 40 years that they had won three successive top flight matches. Beating Liverpool is a whole different matter however – and Nuno Espirito Santo will have had to have done his homework if they are to get anything from this match.
If it wasn’t for the equally devastating form of Manchester City, most pundits would be predicting Liverpool to win the Premier League this season. Their attacking play has resulted in a number of high scoring victories and when Mo Salah and Sadio Mane are on their game there are not many defenders that can deal with them.
Before their recent upturn in form Wolves had only picked up one point in their last six Premier League matches and had started to drop into the bottom half of the table. As it is the Black Country side are now just below the European spots and will have a lot of confidence going into this match.
Liverpool lost all three of their Champions League matches away from home but are still undefeated on their travels in the Premier League this season. The last team to beat them at their own ground were Chelsea last season and Jürgen Klopp will feel that his side can beat anyone these days. Wolves may put up a good fight but the Merseyside club could run out 2-1 winners here.
- Liverpool to win and both teams to score 3.40 – BET NOW
Liverpool have been successful on the road this season but Wolves are on a good run of form – and although betting sites don’t fancy a home win they should at least score.
- Liverpool to win 2-1 9.00 – BET NOW
Even when Wolves were going through a sticky patch they were rarely losing by more than the odd goal so a close run thing could be on the cards.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides haven’t met in the league since 2012 when Liverpool won 3-0 at Molineux. Wolves did beat the Merseyside club in the FA Cup a couple of years ago though.
- Alisson is continuing to be one of the buys of the season. The Liverpool goalkeeper has kept more clean sheets than anyone else in the division.
- Wolves are one of just three teams to have a 0 goal difference in the Premier League – but the Black Country side have scored the fewest goals of that group.
- Liverpool’s quick interplay has been a major reason to why they are doing so well this season – only Manchester City and Chelsea have made more passes than Jürgen Klopp’s side.
- Nuno Espirito Santo has kept faith in his side throughout this season and strength and consistency at the back has been key to their performances Their back three has been unchanged for every game apart from one.