West Ham vs Man Utd: Predictions, Odds and Statistics- Premier League
Saturday, September 29, 2018, 6:00 PM
London Stadium, London
West Ham 3 – 1 Man Utd
After going two league games in a row unbeaten have West Ham finally turned a corner?
The Hammers welcome the Red Devils to the London Stadium under perhaps less pressure than they thought they may have been after impressing in a 0-0 draw with Chelsea at the weekend.
However, for United, the pressure never ends and the cauldron the East end faithful are likely to give their Northern opponents is unlikely to leave the two sides going for a picnic after the game.
The troubled Londoners never seem to be out of the mire since moving to the London Stadium and if history is anything to go by, it looks like being unhappy Hammers once more.
However, United are not without their issues as well this season as two defeats can testify.
Expect this to be a game of nerves between two side who know that defeat will leave for an uncomfortable afternoon press conference.
That said, a 1-1 draw looks a smart way to go in this game especially consider the pair drew on Hammers turf at the end of last season.
- Under 2.5 goals is 1.95 BET NOW
Manchester United have scored fewest number of goals of anyone in the Premier League top nine (that means both Leicester and Bournemouth have scored more) whilst the Hammers have only made the net bulge five times this season.
United’s last trip to the London Stadium resulted in a 0-0 meaning if goals galore are your thing, then it may be wise staying away from this game.
At that price, taking a punt on the stalemate looks a smart move for value.
The pair have drawn two of their last four Premier League meetings and the Hammers and Red Devils come into the game off the back of draws against Chelsea and Wolves respectively.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There is a rich history of competition between the two sides and unsurprisingly it is the Red Devils who hold the advantage over their opponents in the Premier league era.
West Ham have only won one of the sides last thirteen Premier League encounters and that record gets worse when you include cup games making it just one win in eighteen.
However, the Hammers did manage to snatch a draw the last time United came to the London Stadium, but it was right at the end of the campaign with little to play for, for either side.
- The first ever meeting between the two came in the FA Cup in 1911. Thomas Caldwell and Daniel Shea scored the goals for West ham in a 2-1 win.
- Despite sitting 7th in the table, Manchester United have scored the fewest goals in the top nine of the Premier League with nine.
- West Ham goalkeepers have made the joint second highest number of saves this season with 30.
- Only Fulham has been caught offside more times than United this season with 16.
- West Ham defender Fabián Balbuena has made the second highest number of clearances this season with 48.