Wellington vs Central Districts 20th Match Prediction
- James Neesham has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOW
- James Neesham was the top team batsman in the last match against Otago scoring 100 runs. He had the scores of 67 and 86 in previous matches against Auckland and Northern Knights respectively. He was the top team batsman in the match against Northern Knights
- Devon Conway has the odds of 5.00 in the same market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- Devon Conway was the top team batsman against Auckland scoring 94 runs batting at number 3
- Dean Foxcroft has the odds of 5.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Central Districts. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- In their last match against Auckland, Dean Foxcroft was the highest scorer with 90 runs. He scored 120 not out in the match prior to that and was the top team batsman as well
- Greg Hay the opening batsman for Central Districts has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- G Hay scored 85 runs in the last match at Auckland batting first and was the second highest scorer in the innings
- Josh Clarkson has the scores of 16, 43 and 64 in last 3 matches. He has the odds of 7.00 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.700 BET NOW
- Malcolm Nofal bowled picked 1 wicket for 32 runs in 10 overs in the last match, and picked 3 wickets each in the 2 matches prior to that
- He has the odds of 6.00 in the Top Team Bowler market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.600 BET NOW
- He was the top team bowler in the match against Auckland
- Ollie Newton who picked 5 wickets in the last match has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Bowler market for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
Wellington lost their last match against Otago by 7 runs. This was their 2nd loss in 6 matches in this Ford Trophy season so far.
Wellington’s batting order collapsed with only James Neesham scoring 100 with no other batsman staying on the other end to build a partnership as wickets fell regularly.
Michael Bracewell was the only batsman other than Neesham to score above 20.
After Wellington were 35-3 chasing 219 in 50 overs, James Neesham and Michael Bracewell built a 92-runs partnership for the 4th wicket. Wickets fell at regular intervals after that and a 40-runs partnership between Neesham and Lauchie Johns for the 7th wicket brought Wellington close to the target. After the fall of 7th wicket Wellington needed 23 runs from 6.3 overs with 3 wickets in hand.
They were all-out for 211 in the 47th over.
This performance comes just after their 120-runs win over Northern Knights where Wellington scored 269 batting first.
Wellington has lost twice chasing. Their 1st loss was against Auckland chasing 277 where they fell 13 runs short and were all-out for 263. Interestingly, Michael Bracewell (120) and James Neesham (63) were the top scorers for Wellington.
Wellington needs more partnerships at the top if they are to win chasing in this match against Central Districts because Central Districts recently won by 170 runs defending 295 against Auckland at an away venue.
Central districts have won 2 and lost 3 matches in the Ford Trophy 2018 so far. They won their last match against Auckland defending 295 runs.
Their innings had major contributions from the number 1, 4 and 6 batsmen to build the score of 295 in 50 overs.
While in the match prior to that Central Districts lost against Northern Knights chasing 314 as they finished 288-9.
It was a great effort from Dean Foxcroft as scored 120 not out batting at umber 4. Felix Murray and Dean Foxcroft together added 77 runs for the 9th wicket in 53 balls.
The lack of contributions from the lower oder made the chase tougher for Central Districts. The number 6, 7, and 8 batsmen scored 4, 0 , and 7. The depth in Central Districts batting line-up didn’t come handy in the chase.
Central Districts lost against Otago prior to that chasing 209 in 32 overs.
In the loss against Otago, it was again the number 6 and 5 batsmen scoring over 20 runs and making major partnerships. The top 4 batsmen were out cheaply and so were the number 7, 8, and 9.
Our Prediction for Canterbury vs Northern Knights
Wellington are likely to win the match
Both teams have struggled when chasing and lost. Central Districts were closer to the target in their chases but had only specific batsmen scoring runs and building partnerships in almost every match. With both teams being strong at putting up a decent total and defending, a lot now will be decided by the toss and the team that bats first.