Wellington vs Auckland Prediction – Ford Trophy Match 14th
Wellington won by 120 runs
- Date: 7th November 2018
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- Venue: Basin Reserve, Wellington
Wellington vs Auckland Betting Odds
Wellington vs Auckland Betting Tips and Markets
- Andrew Fletcher has the odds of 4.33 to be the top team batsman for Wellington. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.433. BET NOW
- Andrew Fletcher has scored a fifty and a hundred at this venue in last 2 matches with scores of 64 against Northern Knights in match no.10 and 125 against Otago in match no.9.
- James Neesham scored 86 in the last match and was the top team batsman and in the match no.6 against Auckland at Auckland, he scored 63 making him a strong contender in the race to be the top team batsman.
- James Neesham has the odds of 5.00 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.500. BET NOW
- Michael Bracewell has the odds of 5.50 in the same market and has scored a hundred (120) against Auckland the last time the two teams met. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.550. BET NOW
- M Bracewell was not out on 66 in the match no.9 when the team total was 301 at Wellington.
- Sean Solia of Auckland has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Sean Solia was the top team batsman in match no.6 against Wellington scoring 63 runs. He has also scored 133 not out in Auckland’s opening game of the season and was the top team batsman in that match as well.
- Craig Cachopa was the second highest scorer against Wellington in match no.6 and the top team batsman in match no.12 against Canterbury scoring 106 runs.
- The odds for Craig Cachopa in the Top Team Batsman market are set at 5.00. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.500. BET NOW
- Ben Horne has the odds of 11.00 to be the Top Team Batsman. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.1100. BET NOW
Ford Trophy Match No14 Teams Comparison
Wellington have won their last 2 matches at this venue. In both the matches, the visiting team won the toss and opted to bowl putting Wellington to bat first. Wellington scored 301 in the match no.9 against Otago where Otago had won the toss and elected to bowl. When Northern Knights elected to bowl first in the match no.10 at Wellington, Wellington were all out for 269.
Wellington won the match no.10 by 39 runs and the match no.9 by 193 runs.
Wellington seems invincible at their home at the moment. They have their top batting order in great form with James Neesham putting an all-round performance scoring runs with the bat and picking crucial wickets with the ball.
James Neesham was the top team bowler in the match no.9 against Otago picking 3 wickets for 17 runs and in the next match against Northern Knights, he was the top team batsman with 86 runs off 67 balls.
Hamish Bennet picked 4 for 34 in the last match along with Malcolm Nofal who picked 3 for 34 restricting the visitors to 230 all-out.
Auckland have won 3 of their 4 matches in the Ford Trophy so far. In their last encounter with Wellington in the match no.6 that was played at Auckland, they defended 276 runs and won by 13 runs.
After losing to Canterbury at Christchurch by 6 runs, Auckland made a comeback in the match no.12 at Eden Park, Auckland by defeating Canterbury by 3 runs defending 270.
While Craig Cachopa scored 106 and was the top team batsman, Danru Ferns picked 4 wickets for 35 runs an was the top team bowler.
There was a 130-runs partnership for the 4th wicket in the Auckland innings between Craig Cachopa and William O Donnell.
Auckland have been strong at their home venue as they have not only defended 276 and 270 against Wellington and Canterbury, they have also successfully chased 269-runs target at the Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland in the match no.3 against Northern Knights.
While their best performances have come at their home ground, they have lost to Canterbury by 6 runs chasing a target of 244 at an away venue. That being their only defeat is also the only away match for Auckland this season so far.
Prediction for Wellington vs Auckland
Wellington are likely to win this match.
Just like Auckland have given their best performances at Auckland, Wellington too have won all the matches at their home venue. Wellington has also successfully chased 287 at this venue against Canterbury. Their record at home and the recent form makes Wellington a likely candidate to win this match.