Wellington Firebirds vs Otago Volts Prediction – Super Smash 5th Match
Wellington Firebirds vs Otago Volts Betting Tips
- In head to head game it is 7-8 in favour of Otago Volts
- Devon Conway leads the odds for best batsman for Wellington Firebirds with 4.00 (bet INR 100 and get INR 400) while Hamish Rutherford leads for Volts with 3.44 (bet INR 100 and win INR 344) BET NOW
- Jeetan Patel has odds of 3.50 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 350) to be best bowler for Firebirds while Matthew Bacon has odds of 4.33 (pocket INR 433 by betting INR 100) for the Volts BET NOW
- For most match sixes Wellington Firebirds have odds of 1.90 (pocket INR 190 by staking INR 100) while Otago Volts have 2.25 (pocket INR 225 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market Firebirds have 1.80 (pocket INR 180 by wagering INR 100) while Volts have 2.00 (pocket INR 200 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
For Hamish Bennet’s team the going has just got a little tough this season. They suffered a defeat against Northern Knights in their first game of the season and with the second one against Auckland Aces being washed off they are almost in a must-win situation in the next game. The team which is packed with talent would be eager to do well in the next game. In fact their bowlers who had a nightmare of a game against the Knights would be looking forward to this opportunity in the upcoming game.
Devon Conway and Michael Bracewell form a good opening pair and if they fire well the team will definitely count its chances. The side has a strong middle order and they showed that in the first game. Adam Hose, Tom Blundell, James Neesham and Michael Pollard would launch an attack if a strong platform is laid at the start. It is however their bowling which may be worrying skipper Bennet. While he bowled well in the first game everyone else had a bad day. The likes of Neesham, Malcolm Nofal, Luke Woodcock and Ollie Newton have to bowl well for the side to win the upcoming game.
Jacob Duffy led the side well in their first game against the Canterbury Kings. In the high scoring encounter his side chased it down in the last over with only three balls to spare. While Duffy would have some worries about the bowling performance in the last game he would be extremely proud of the manner in which his side chased the total. It was a methodical run chase and they didn’t invite pressure during their innings. The skipper would want his men to approach the next game with same confidence and win it.
Hamish Rutherford and Neil Broom would like to repeat their batting performance from the last game where they gave the team a great start. The middle order has also looked good in the opening game where Anaru Kitchen and Shawn Hicks batted well and with wicket keeper Mitch Renwick in the batting order they would count their chances to bat well. The bowlers did poorly in the last game with Jacob Duffy, Jack Hunter and Kitchen going for runs. Michael Rippon bowled well and the skipper would hope the bowlers do well in the upcoming game.
Our Prediction for Wellington Firebirds vs Otago Volts
Wellington Firebirds would win the match
After suffering a loss and seeing another game washed out Wellington Firebirds would play at home for the first time in Super Smash 2018-19. They would take on Otago Volts who have registered a win in their opening game. In what is now a must-win situation for the home side to be in the hunt for play-offs they are likely to play aggressive cricket. Volts on the other hand have impressed their fans with their performance in the opening game. The crowds at Basin Reserve, Wellington should stand witness to a great game of cricket in the upcoming match.
Wellington Firebirds would have the advantage of playing at home and this would put them slightly ahead of the Volts in the next game.