Wellington Firebirds vs Northern Knights Prediction – Super Smash 15th Match
Northern Knights won by 12 runs
- Date: 12th January 2019
- Time: 8:40 AM IST
- Venue: Basin Reserve, Wellington
- Dean Brownlie and Tim Seifert lead with odds of 3.80 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.380) and 3.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.385) in the top team batsman market for Northern Knights. BET NOW
- While the in-form Daryl Mitchell and Bret Hampton have the odds of 5.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.545) and 6.90 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.690) in the same market. BET NOW
- Devon Conway and Michael Bracewell, openers for Wellington have the odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) and 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) in the team top batsman market. BET NOW
- They are followed by Adam Hose with 4.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.495) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- Ish Sodhi and Mitchell Santner lead with odds of 3.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.385) and 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the top bowler market for Northern Knights. BET NOW
- Jeetan Patel leads the race to be top bowler for Wellington Firebirds with odds of 3.35 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.335). BET NOW
- Hamish Bennett and the top bowler from last match, Ben Sears have the odds of 4.45 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.445) and 4.75 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475) in the same market. BET NOW
Super Smash 15th Match Squad Comparison
The Firebirds have played some good cricket and with 2 wins and 2 losses in 5 matches, they are placed at number 2 in the points table. They have won 2 consecutive matches, with the last one played at Wellington. Their top order has fired in all last 3 matches, even in the one against Otago where they lost by 1 run.
In their match against Central Stags, Hamish Bennett, Ollie Newton and Logan van Beek picked crucial wickets and restricted the Stags to 136-9. While the bowlers did their job well, the openers, Michael Bracewell and Devon Conway put on 94 runs for the 1st wicket and the Firebirds cruised to victory with 8 wickets in hand. In their last match at Wellington, Bracewell showed consistency in his batting and scored another half century. Adam Hose, batting at number 3 joined the party and was unbeaten on 54 off 33 balls. Ben Sears was the top pick among the bowlers this time with 4 for 16 in 4 overs, while Jeetan Patel and Bennet picked 2 wickets each.
The Knights are placed well at the top of the points table of Super Smash 2018-19 with 4 wins in 5 matches and 1 loss. They have defeated the Wellington Firebirds in their 1st match of the season at their home venue in Hamilton. Their wins in last 2 matches were very close ones. While they successfully defended 155 by 2 runs against Auckland, they chased successfully chased 194 against Canterbury with 2 wickets and 2 balls in hand.
While Anton Devcich wasn’t successful as the opener in last 3 matches, he was crucial with ball when defending a low total against Auckland. Scott Kuggeleijn, and Mitchell Santner were among the wicket takers for Northern Knights against Auckland where they won by 2 runs. Daryl Mitchell and Brett Hampton are among the top run scorers in the recent matches. While Daniel Flynn who the captain for the last match batted at number 7 and played a crucial knock of 31 in 13 balls to get the Knights closer to victory chasing 194. There has been consistency in the fall of wickets in Knights’ innings. In last 3 matches, they have lost 4 wickets in 11 overs under 100 runs.
Our Prediction for Wellington Firebirds vs Northern Knights
Wellington Firebirds would win this match
Northern Knights showed great character in their last win against Canterbury chasing 194, while Wellington Firebirds have been consistent with their batting and bowling in last 2 matches. Wellington will have the advantage of playing at home. Northern Knights have struggled with their batting in the first 11 overs, losing wickets without major partnerships.
Though last match saw, NK pull up their socks and bounce back after fall of the 5th wicket. Wellington have a chance of winning at their home ground if their openers continue their form and their bowlers get the better of the NK batting line up.