Watford vs Liverpool: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, November 24th, 2018, 08:30 pm
Vicarage Road, Watford
Watford 0 – 3 Liverpool
Liverpool’s make it 13 Premier League games unbeaten involves a trip to the Hornets’ nest to face a sometimes-brilliant Watford.
The target to topple Manchester City is still on for Liverpool as they head south to take on Watford.
Still unbeaten in the league after 12 games would normally see any side top of the table but not so for Liverpool with both City and Chelsea joining the Reds with that unbeaten record.
That means this trip to take on an unpredictable Watford side takes on yet another degree of importance as slip up could prove fatal in Liverpool’s bid of claiming a first ever Premier League crown.
Based on the sides head to head’s, this game should be a walk in the park for Liverpool however the reality is very different.
The Hornets have beaten Tottenham on their home patch this season and will be eager for yet another high-profile scalp as Javi Gracia’s men continue to surprise many with their impressive style of play. Europe is on their minds, and not out of the question.
That said, only Tottenham have picked up more points on the road than Liverpool this season (They have played two more away games, though) and considering Watford have conceded eight goals in six home games a Liverpool 2-1 win is the most likely way this game is going to go.
- 2 or 3 goals in the match 2.05 – BET NOW
Watford have gone off the boil a little of late having only scored once in their last two games while Liverpool have only scored three in their last three in all competitions.
- Both teams to score in the second half 3.25 – BET NOW
Five of Watford’s eight goals at home this season has come in the second half and five of Liverpool’s last seven goals has come in the second 45.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Liverpool dominate the head to heads and enjoyed a thumping 5-0 win when the pair last met back in March.
However, that was at Anfield with the reverse fixture at Vicarage Road one of the games of last season in which a sumptuous 3-3 was played out.
Liverpool have won nine of the last 11a meetings between the two with Watford only ever having beaten Liverpool once in the Premier League on home soil.
Overall, Watford have only claimed five wins over the Reds with Liverpool claiming 21 wins and four draws registered.
- The pair’s first meeting was an FA Cup tie in 1967 when a 0-0 was played out with Liverpool winning the return fixture 3-1.
- Watford have hit the woodwork only once, which is the lowest number in the Premier League this season.
- Watford have only won one of five Premier League meetings between the two at Vicarage Road.
- With six yellow cards to his name, Hornets defender Jose Holebas has picked up more bookings than any other Premier League player this season.
- Virgil van Dijk has made more passes this season than any other Liverpool player so far.