Wales vs Denmark: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Friday, November 17, 2018 @1:15 AM
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff
Wales 1 – 2 Denmark
Ryan Giggs welcomes Denmark to Cardiff knowing that a victory will see Wales promoted to Nations League A.
A fantastic Harry Wilson free kick gave Wales the three points in Dublin and it was no more than they deserved on the night. But Ryan Giggs’ side have struggled against the better teams since he took over and they will have to be on top form if they are to stop this Denmark side.
A 0-0 draw against the Republic of Ireland was something of a disappointment for Denmark in their most recent Nations League match. But the talismanic Christian Eriksen was missing for that fixture and also missed the friendly against Austria. The Spurs midfielder is back for this one and he could make all the difference.
Wales were without Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey for the match against the Republic of Ireland but both have been named in the squad to face Denmark and the friendly in Albania. If both are fit to play they could play a major role in Wales finishing top of the group and being promoted.
Denmark are yet to concede a goal in their Nations League campaign and will look to their defence to keep out the talented Bale while hoping that Eriksen can orchestrate the midfield into an attacking unit on the break. Both sides will be wary of losing here and a 1-1 draw may well be the end result.
- The draw 3.20 – BET NOW
With a defeat likely to mean second place in the group for both sides a cagey draw might be the likely outcome, though Wales haven’t drawn a game since May against Mexico. Denmark, meanwhile, drew with Ireland in October.
- Both teams to score 2.10 – BET NOW
Although this may not be a game of open free-flowing football, with talents such as Bale and Eriksen on the pitch there should at least be a couple of goals for the fans to cheer. There has also never been a goalless game between these two countries.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides have a fairly even record against each other but Denmark won the last fixture – the Nations League victory in September.
- Wales have won four and lost five against Denmark – but have not won in Cardiff against this opposition since 1987.
- Denmark are the only country in Leagues A and B who are yet to concede a goal in this Nations League campaign.
- Wales scored four goals in their last appearance at the Cardiff City Stadium – their 4-1 defeat to Spain was played at the bigger Principality Stadium.
- Denmark have drawn six of the 12 games that they have played in 2018, with their only defeat coming against Slovakia in a friendly in September.