Victoria vs Western Australia Prediction – 16th Match Sheffield Shield
- Date: 7th December – 10th December 2018
- Time: 5:00 AM IST
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Victoria vs Western Australia Betting Odds
- Glenn Maxwell has the odds of 3.75 in the Victoria Top Batsman 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375. BET NOW
- Cameron White and Matthew Short are next in the race to be the 1st innings top batsman for Victoria with the odds of 4.75 each. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475. BET NOW
- Cameron White was the top batsman for Victoria scoring 63 in the 1st innings in the 12th match against Tasmania, while Matthew Short scorned unbeaten 64 in the 2nd innings of the same match.
- Will Pucovski has the odds of 4.75 in the top batsman market for Victoria. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475. BET NOW
- Marcus Stoinis has the odds of 4.50 in the top batsman market for Western Australia. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Marcus Stoinis was the top batsman in the 2nd innings in last match scoring 81 off 96 balls for Western Australia.
- Hilton Cartwright and William Bosisto both have the odds of 5.00 to be the top batsman 1st innings for Western Australia. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500. BET NOW
- In the 14th match against Queensland, Scott Boland picked 3 for 50 and Peter Siddle finished 4 for 62 in the 1st innings for Victoria.
- The betting odds for Scott Boland in the Victoria Top Bowler 1st Innings market are set at 2.62. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.262. BET NOW
- While Peter Siddle has the odds of 5.00 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500. BET NOW
- Chris Tremain who picked a 5-wicket haul in the 12th match against Tasmania has the odds of 2.75 in the top bowler 1st innings market for Victoria. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.275. BET NOW
- Jhye Richardson picked 8 wickets in the 1st innings of the 15th match against New South Wales. This was the second consecutive time that J Richardson became top team bowler in the 1st innings. He had picked 5 for 47 previously against South Australia in the 1st innings.
- Jhye Richardson has the odds of 2.50 in the Western Australia Top Bowler 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.250. BET NOW
Sheffield Shield 16th Match Squads Comparison
Victoria are at the top in the points table with 3 wins in 5 matches. Their 1st loss of the Sheffield Shield 2018 season came in the last match against Queensland.
Victoria were all-out for 167 in the 1st innings an 191 in the 2nd innings. Peter Handscomb who was the captain of Victoria and was also scoring runs consistently for his team has got the Australia Test call for the upcoming Test series against India.
However, Victoria bowlers have performed exceptionally well in the previous matches, and are the strength for their team. In the 12th match against Tasmania, Chris Tremain, James Pattinson and Scott Boland with their exceptional bowling spells wrapped up the Tasmania side for 81 runs in the 1st innings.
Victoria has played 2 matches at this venue in this season so far and have won 1 while the other ended in a draw.
Victoria batsmen scored hundred and the top order made major contributions in their previous outing at Melbourne.
Victoria will have to improve from their last match if they are to continue their dominance in this season.
Western Australia have won 2 of their 5 matches in this season and are placed at number 3 in the points table. They suffered a heavy defeat in their last match at Perth against the New South Wales.
This loss came after their solid win against South Australia where they chased 313 runs and won by 5 wickets. That match saw Western Australia bounce back in the 2nd innings after being all out for 207 in the first.
Jhye Richardson is consistent with the wickets and has been in a great form. He will be crucial in this fixture against Victoria at Melbourne. Western Australia batting line up has batsmen who can stay at the crease to score runs for the team when needed, but the consistency from the middle order is something Western Australia would be expecting if they are to defeat Victoria. A top order batsman and another lower order batsman scoring major portion of the runs is a common pattern in their batting. They top and the middle order has failed to come together in an innings and contribute major runs to the total. Add the Victoria bowling attack to that and a vulnerable Western Australia batting might be seen.
Prediction for Victoria vs Western Australia
Victoria are the favourites to win this match.