Udinese vs Juventus: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Saturday, October 6th, 2018 @10:30 PM
Udinese 0 – 2 Juventus
Juventus reaffirmed their position as Serie A’s top dog with a win over challengers Napoli and should make similar work of Udinese.
Napoli may have scored first against Juventus in the Old Lady’s last league outing but even before going down to 10 men, they weren’t able to hold on. Juve established a 2-1 lead prior to Mario Rui’s red card and eventually won 3-1, their extra quality telling before the extra man did.
Udinese suffered a similar fate against Bologna, going in front through Igancio Pussetto only to lose 2-1. The defeat, Udinese’s third of their opening seven games, came in a game that saw a decent performance from Julio Velaquez’s men, with the coach unable to do anything about a rocket of an equaliser from Federico Santander. Riccardo Orsolini sealed Udinese’s defeat and leave the Zebrette with a losing record of two wins, two draws and three defeats.
It’s seven out of seven for Max Allegri’s Juve and while they won’t win every game this season, it’s hard to see where they will drop points. Juve went to Udinese last October and conceded two goals, but scored six in reply – and that’s with having Mario Mandzukic sent off before the half-hour mark. A full strength Juventus shouldn’t have a problem against Udinese, and a 3-0 win isn’t out of the question.
- Juventus to win to nil 1.83 – BET NOW
Udinese have scored barely more than a goal a game so far this season and Juventus have only conceded five times in their seven league games, so it’s hard to see Udinese finding the back of the net.
- Juventus to score in both halves 3.40 – BET NOW
You don’t win seven straight Serie A titles without being relentless. Expect Juve to start strong with a first half goal and kill Udinese off in the second 45.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Juventus won both meetings last season, adding a 2-0 win in Turin to the 6-2 away victory.
In total, Juventus have won 31 of the 46 meetings between the clubs, with eight wins for Udinese and seven draws.
Udinese’s last win over Juventus came in August 2015 in Turin, and their last home win was in 2010, with Alexis Sanchez – now of Arsenal – among the scorers.
- No Serie A player has had more shots on goal so far this season than Cristiano Ronaldo’s 41 – 24 of them have been on target, but only three have beaten the goalkeeper.
- Seko Fofano is Udinese’s top shot taker with 22 – 10 on target and one goal.
- Udinese have only scored 33 goals in their 46 games against Juventus, compared to the 83 scored by Juve.
- Udinese’s best-ever Serie A finish is second, in 1954-55. They were twice third, in 1997-98 and 2011-12 – Juventus won the title both years.