Tottenham vs Burnley: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 15th, 2018, @20:30
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Tottenham 1 – 0 Burnley
Sean Dyche takes his men to Wembley on the back of a morale-boosting victory against Brighton.
Tottenham’s win over Leicester was very straightforward – and they were able to rest Harry Kane ahead of their big Champions League match in Barcelona. Mauricio Pochettino’s men could have folded after their North London derby defeat to Arsenal but they have come back once again and will be big favourites with the betting sites for this one.
Burney’s win against Brighton was their first in nine games and there had been rumblings about Sean Dyche’s future at Turf Moor. The fact is, however, that they faced many of the sides at the top of the table in that period and it is the smaller teams that Burnley need to get points from if they are to stay up.
Tottenham have looked like they will take a Champions League spot this season without ever really managing to challenge for the title in any meaningful way. Three points at home to Burnley is an absolute must – and a good Christmas period could see Spurs knocking on the door come the New Year.
Burnley face both Spurs and Arsenal in the next couple of weeks but then have a good run of fixtures after Christmas and well into January to pick up some much needed points. Getting anything from this fixture will be a bonus for them as Tottenham will surely be too strong for them – and could win 3-0.
- Tottenham to win to nil 1.72 – BET NOW
Burnley have found it hard to find the net this season and if Spurs start playing some of the quick attacking football that they have shown at times they could record a comprehensive victory.
- Harry Kane to be first goal scorer 3.00 – BET NOW
It is unfair to say that Spurs rely on their talismanic striker but the England captain is more often than not the one who gets the goals that win them their matches.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Burnley managed a draw in this fixture last season but they have not beaten Spurs in the league since 2010.
- Harry Kane is after the golden boot that eluded him last season – his nine goals sees him only one behind Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Mo Salah.
- Sometimes when you are down towards the bottom of the league you just don’t get any luck. Burnley have not had a penalty awarded for them in 58 games.
- If Harry Kane is the Spurs player knocking the goals in then Christian Eriksen is the one making them. Only Eden Hazard and Ryan Fraser have more assists in the Premier League this season.
- Burnley’s poor run of form has meant that their defence have had a lot to do so far this season. Keeper Joe Hart has produced more saves than any other goalie in the division.