Tottenham vs Bournemouth: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 20:30
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Bournemouth are in need of stopping the rot on the road but a trip to face a Tottenham side who have not lost to any side outside the top two at home this season will be a tall order.
Tottenham are still no doubt revelling in gaining revenge over the old enemy Arsenal in the League Cup, but Premier League duties never cease and with the half way stage approaching fast, the need to collect points in order to maintain a top four spot has never been more critical.
Fortunately for the Lilywhites, three points are something that has been a regular occurrence over the Bournemouth ever since the Cherries ascendency to the top tier of English football.
This will be of the seventh meeting between Tottenham and Bournemouth in the Premier League and of the six prior meetings, Tottenham has won five with a 0-0 draw in October 2016 the only blemish on a near perfect record.
There is little to suggest you should back anything other than a home win either as Spurs two home defeats this season came at the hands of Manchester City and Liverpool whereas every other contender to Wembley has been left defeated.
The only thing lacking for Spurs at home is an abundance of goals, so, expect the Lilywhites to come away with a narrow 1-0 victory just like they did the last time they hosted Bournemouth.
- Under 2.5 goals 2.62 – BET NOW
This bet surprisingly offers remarkable value with a host of sports betting sites and is worth backing.
That is because Tottenham have netted just 12 times at home this season and although they have played at least a game less than everyone else, it is still two fewer than the likes of Bournemouth and West Ham has managed at home.
- Tottenham to keep a clean sheet 2.20 – BET NOW
The Cherries have a -3-away goal difference this season while Spurs have shipped only six times at home.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pair have only played seven times prior to this clash with Tottenham winning five of them and Bournemouth just one.
Last season Spurs took all six points in the Premier League winning 1-0 at home in October before thrashing the Cherries 4-1 at the Vitality Stadium in the reverse fixture March of this year.
- This will be only the pairs’ eighth meeting in all competitions.
- Bournemouth (along with Spurs) are the only side yet to draw an away Premier League fixture this season.
- Of the seventeen Premier League goals Tottenham has scored against Bournemouth, Harry Kane has netted six of them.
- Bournemouth has never beaten Spurs in the Premier League having taken just one point from a possible 18 against the Lilywhites.
- The pair first met in a 1957 FA Cup clash which Bournemouth won 3-1.