Tottenham vs PSV: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018, 01:30 am
Wembley Stadium London
Spurs will hope that the Wembley pitch has recovered from the recent NFL game to help them get their first group stage victory this season.
Tottenham have found things tough in what is one of the hardest groups in the competition. Head coach Mauricio Pochettino will be disappointed in how his side have played in all three of the games so far, knowing that the task of progressing to the knockout rounds was already a tall order.
PSV will admit to being the underdogs in Group B but will have taken some confidence from their late equaliser in the home fixture against Spurs and know that they need a result in this one to keep their interest going in this season’s competition.
Although they have dropped a few points this season, Tottenham look like they will keep up with the big boys in the English Premier League. Playing their home games at Wembley has not been ideal for the club who were expecting to open the new White Hart Lane stadium – but they should be too good for their visitors here.
PSV are already looking like a good bet to win back-to-back Eredivisie titles with a 100% record so far this season. The highlight for fans and players alike must be the 3-0 victory over arch rivals Ajax but Spurs will be a different matter and the Premier League side could win this 2-0.
- Tottenham to win to nil 2.50 – BET NOW
The Spurs defence has been very accommodating so far, allowing eight goals in just three matches but if there is to be a clean sheet for Pochettino’s men it will be at home against PSV.
- Correct score Spurs to win 1.36 – BET NOW
For a more adventurous bet a comprehensive, yet low scoring, victory for the home side could be the way to go.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two sides have only met three times before – with one win and a draw for both Tottenham and PSV.
- Spurs will not be able to finish in the top two if they do not win at home to PSV – and Inter win their match against Barcelona.
- PSV do not have a very good record in England, losing nine of their sixteen matches and winning only three.
- Tottenham have scored in all three of the Champions League group stage matches this season – but have yet to win.
- PSV are averaging roughly four goals a game domestically this year but have found things much harder in Europe, scoring three in three.