Sydney Thunders vs Sydney Sixers 8th Match – Big Bash Highlights
Both Sydney Thunders and Sydney Sixers came into this game with 1 win from 1 match each. However, Sydney Thunders had an edge and were the favourites to win this match.
Sydney Sixers won the toss and chose to bowl first.
Sydney Thunder Innings
Jos Buttler and captain Shane Watson opened the innings for Sydney Thunder. The two got off to a great start and built a strong partnership early in the innings.
At the end of 3 overs, the pair had put 23 runs on the board. The betting odds in the Match Winner market at this point were –
The odds for Over 55.5 runs selection in the Sydney Thunder Total Runs – 1st Over to 6th Over market were set at 1.95.
While the odds in the 1st Over to 10th Over Total Runs market were –
Shane Watson was batting on 15 when the team score was 38 runs in 4.2 overs. The odds in the SR Watson Innings Runs market for the Under 29.4 selection were set at 2.62
The 6th and the last over of the power play started and Sydney Thunder were 49 without loss. The odds in the market for Over at Fall of 1st Wicket for the Under 8.5 selection were set at 2.00.
On the 5th ball of the 6th over, Shane Watson was bowled out by Sean Abbott. Watson scored 19 runs with 3 fours and 1 six.
- A Rs.100 bet on the Under 29.4 selection in individual player market for Shane Watson should have returned Rs.262
- A Rs.100 bet on the Under 8.5 selection in the market shown in the above screenshot should have returned Rs.200
- A Rs.100 bet on the Over 81.5 selection in the total runs in first 10 Overs market should have returned Rs.153
Another market which returned great profit was the JC Buttler Innings Runs market. The odds for 60-80 selection were set at 3.25 when Jos Buttler was batting at 43 and the Thunder having lost just 1 wicket.
Jos Buttler scored 63 runs in 37 balls with 6 fours and 3 sixes and was out in the 12th over.
- A Rs.100 bet on the 60-80 selection in the Innings Runs market for Jos Buttler would have returned Rs.325.
Sydney Thunder lost 2 quick wickets after Buttler was back in the hut and were 4 wickets down for 116 in the 15th over.
Joe Root and Jason Sangha were out cheaply for 9 and 3 runs respectively, while Daniel Sams played a quick 11-balls 28 runs innings with 3 fours and 2 sixes.
Sydney Thunder lost 5th, 6th and 7th wicket at the score of 147 runs and they finished 169-9 in 20 overs.
Sydney Sixers Innings
Jack Edwards and Joe Denly opened the innings for Sydney Sixers. After 1.1 overs, the Sixers were 8 runs without loss and the odds in the total runs in 6 overs market were –
The betting odds in the match winner market at this point in time were –
Joe Denly was out bowled by Rainbird just two balls later and Jack Edwards followed him to the pavilion as he was out lbw by Jonathan Cook in the 3rd over.
- Sydney Sixers were 14-2 with Moises Henriques and Daniel Hughes on the crease
- At the end of 6 overs, the Sixers were 3 wickets down for 33 runs
- A Rs.100 bet on the Under selection at the odds of 4.00 in the First 6 Overs market should have returned Rs.400
When Daniel Hughes was batting at 8, the odds in the Inning Runs market for D Hughes were set at 3.00 for the Under 18.5 selection.
- Sydney Sixers lost 2 wickets in the 7th over as Fawad Ahmed bowled out Daniel Hughes and Jordan Silk on the 2nd and the 6th ball of that over. Daniel Hughes was out for 13.
- A Rs.200 profit was to be made with a Rs.100 bet on the Under 18.5 selection in the market shown above.
After losing Josh Philippe in the 9th over, the Sixers were 56-6. Tom Curran (62) and Sean Abbott (35) together added 88 runs for the 7th wicket.
Even with this effort from the duo, the chase was a tough one to conquer and in the 19th over bowled by Chris Green, all hopes for Sixers win ended as Tom Curran was out caught with the target still being far.
Sydney Sixers were all out for 148 in 20 overs. Sydney Thunder won by 21 runs making it 2 wins in 2 matches in the Big Bash League 2018 so far.