Sydney Thunder vs Sydney Sixers Prediction, Big Bash 8th Match
Sydney Thunder won by 21 runs
- Date: December 24, 2018
- Time: 01:45 PM IST
- Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
Sydney Thunder vs Sydney Sixers Betting Tips –
- For Sydney Thunder Jos Butler has odds of 3.50 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 350) to be their best batsmen and for the Sixers Daniel Hughes and Joe Denly share odds of 3.75 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 375) BET NOW
- Sydney Sixers’ Sean Abbott has odds of 3.75 (win INR 375 staking INR 100) to be the best bowler for the side and for the Thunder Fawad Ahmed had odds of 4.00 (win INR 400 staking INR 100) BET NOW
- In the Man of the Match Market Jos Butler is leading with 8.00 (get INR 800 betting INR 100) and is followed by Shane Watson and Daniel Hughes with 9.00 (get INR 900 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Sydney Sixers have odds of 2.00 (win INR 200 betting INR 100) for highest opening partnership while Thunder has odds of 1.80 (win INR 180 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- In most match sixes market the odds are 1.85 (get INR 185 betting INR 100) for Sydney Thunder and 2.30 (get INR 230 betting INR 100) for Sixers BET NOW
Big Bash 8th Match Squad Comparison
After the bad show they had in the last season Shane Watson would surely be impressed with the start his side has got in this season of the league. The win over Melbourne Stars was comprehensive with both the batsmen and bowlers playing as per plans. Watson would hope his side maintains the same momentum as play their first home game of the season. But he would also be wary of the poor record his side has had against the Sixers in the past. As one of the most seasoned players in the league he would hope to start the home leg of the season with a comfortable win against the Sixers.
Their batting performance in the first innings was good with Jos Buttler and Shane Watson having given good start to the side. Callum Ferguson and Joe Root also played well during their stay at the crease. But the star of the show was the young Jason Sangha who along with Daniel Sams took the side to a dominating score. The line-up has a good mix of hitters and conventional stroke makers. In the bowling department Daniel Sams was exceptional and found good support from Sam Rainbird and Nathan McAndrew. If Gurinder Sandhu does well with the ball and others maintain their form they have a great attack to defeat their opponents.
Moises Henriques’ team made sure their fans at SCG went home with all smiles after their first game of the season against Perth Scorchers. It was a comprehensive win for the side in a game that at one point seemed poised for a nail biting finish. The batting clicked well for the side and the bowlers did their job well to seal a win for the side. As the team prepare for the derby against the Thunders Henriques would want his side to go into this game with confidence given the superior record they have against the Thunder.
Joe Denly and his opening partner Jack Edwards failed to convert their starts in the last game and they would be looking forward to making it better this time around. Moises Henriques would like to get over the failure in last game. In the middle order Daniel Hughes and Jordan Silk did a wonderful job to put up a huge score and with Josh Philippe at the lower end the team would count on its batting strength. There is good news for the side with their main three bowlers Steve O’Keefe, Ben Dwarshuis and Sean Abbott having done well. With good support from Tom Curran and Lloyd Pope they would hope to cause trouble for their opponents.
Our Prediction for Sydney Thunder vs Sydney Sixers
Sydney Thunder will win this game
It’s the first derby of the Big Bash 2018-19 and Sydney Thunder would take on the Sixers at their home ground Sydney Showground Stadium. Both the sides have registered a win in their opening game of the season and would come to this match with great amount of confidence. Thunders would have the crowd support behind them and would look to have a perfect start to their home leg but it isn’t going to be easy against the Sixers who have an impressive record against them. Showground Stadium should come alive with great show from both the sides.
Both the sides have looked good in their opening game but Thunder playing in front of their home crowd would definitely have the edge going into this game.