Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Stars Prediction – Big Bash 3rd Match
THU won by 15 runs (DLS method)
- Date: December 21, 2018
- Time: 01:45 PM IST
- Venue: Docklands Stadium, Melbourne
Betting Odds for Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Stars, 3rd Match
- Glenn Maxwell has odds of 3.50 (bet INR 100 and get INR 350) to be the best batsmen for Melbourne Stars while Jos Butler leads it for Sydney Thunder with 3.00 (bet INR 100 and get INR 300) BET NOW
- Fawad Ahmed leads the odds to be Thunder’s best bowler with 3.00 (bet INR 100 and win INR 300) while Sandeep Lamichhane had odds of 3.60 (bet INR 100 and win INR 360) for the Stars BET NOW
- Sydney Thunder have odds of 2.00 (bet INR 100 and win INR 200) to hit most sixes and the odds are 2.20 (bet INR 100 and win INR 220) in case of Melbourne Stars BET NOW
- For the highest opening wicket partnership both Sydney Thunder and Melbourne Stars are sharing odds of 1.90 (pocket INR 190 wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- Jos Butler is the leading contender for Man of the Match with odds of 8.00 (pocket INR 800 wagering INR 100) BET NOW
Big Bash Match 3rd Squad Comparison
Shane Watson’s men didn’t have the best of seasons last time around where they finished 8th on the points table. The side which is packed with talent has always had the habit of losing out in crunch games. Watson who is one of the most experienced players in the league would have to use all this experience to good use in the upcoming game. While the team would be missing the services of Pat Cummins and Usman Khawaja who are with the national side Watson would know the importance of a good season opener and would like to start the season with a win.
Batting wise the side is strong. In Khawaja’s absence Shane Watson might open the batting along with Jos Buttler. In the middle order the side packs the punch with Joe Root, Jason Sangha, Callum Ferguson and Chris Green in the side. Consistency was one of the big issues for the side in terms of batting last season and they would like to get it right this time around. In the bowling department the side will miss the services of Pat Cummins but have a good new ball pair in Chris Jordan and Liam Hatcher along with Watson. Fawad Ahmed will add variety to the bowling attack with his leg breaks.