Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – Big Bash 28th Match
Sydney Thunder won by 71 runs
- Date: January 13, 2019
- Time: 9:15 AM IST
- Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
Betting Tips for Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers, 28th Match
- Shane Watson is expected to be Thunder’s best batsman with 3.75 odds (bet INR 100 and make INR 375) and for Adelaide Strikers Travis Head and Jake Weatherald also share the same odds BET NOW
- Fawad Ahmed is leading the odds chart to be Sydney Thunder’s best bowler with 4.00 (make INR 400 by wagering INR 100) and for the Strikers Rasihd Khan is ahead with 3.00 (make INR 300 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match Rashid Khan leads with 6.50 (make INR 650 by staking INR 100) odds while Shane Watson, Jake Weatherald and Colin Ingram share odds of 10.00 (make INR 1000 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market the odds are 2.10 (put INR 100 and pocket INR 210) for Thunder and 1.72 (put INR 100 and pocket INR 172) for Strikers BET NOW
- In most match sixes market Sydney Thunder have 2.30 (put INR 100 and pocket INR 230) odds while Adelaide Strikers have 1.83 (put INR 100 and pocket INR 183) BET NOW
Big Bash 28th Match Squad Comparison
The season had started well for Sydney Thunder and they won their first two games pretty easily. But since then the team has been struggling to get things right. Out of the last five games that the side has played only once which is creating lot of pressure on the side as far as their standing on the points table is concerned. They lost their previous two games against Melbourne Stars and Brisbane Heat. Watson would have to inspire his team to do well in the upcoming game as they have a good side to take on any opposition.
The batting for the side has been dependent on Shane Watson and Jos Buttler and with Buttler ending his stint batting looks weak. The middle order doesn’t seem to be in its best form. Callum Ferguson has been inconsistent and it would be interesting to see how Ryan Gibson performs. Lot would depend on how Jason Sangha, Daniel Sams along with Chris Green play towards the end as they have been in good form. Their bowlers have been in good form with Fawad Ahmed and Sam Rainbird looking in good touch. Good support from Chris Jordan and Gurinder Sandhu would be vital to the team’s fortune.
It was a great performance from the Adelaide Strikers in their last game against Melbourne Stars which saw them winning comfortably. With this win Travis Head’s side have moved to second spot on the points table. The comeback of Head to the side as regular skipper makes the side look incredibly strong. They have a powerful batting line-up and their bowlers have also regained form after struggle for a few games. Head would know that one more win will put them closer to the play-offs and he would want his side to continue with the same form and momentum they showed in the last game.
Matthew Short replacing Alex Carey who is on national duty didn’t impress opening the last game with Jake Weatherald but the latter is in good touch. Colin Ingram and Travis Head make the middle order extremely strong and with powerful hitters Jonathan Wells and Harry Nielson following them in the line-up along with Rashid Khan they have great batting arsenal. The bowlers were good in the last game Michael Neser and Ben Laughlin bowled well and so too did Liam O Corner. And with the magician Rashid Khan in the side it is one of the toughest attacks to score against.
Our Prediction for Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers
Adelaide Strikers will win this match
Adelaide Strikers the reigning champions seem to have found their rhythm back after few hiccups in the previous week of Big Bash 2018-19. When they fly down to the Sydney Showground Stadium to take on Sydney Thunder they would be extremely confident about their prospects. The home side Thunder on the other hand have been struggling in the last few games and have won only ones in their last five encounters. But they aren’t likely to bow down easily as they play in their own fort in the upcoming game.
Adelaide Strikers look in incredible form at the moment and this will make them favorites to win the upcoming game against Sydney Thunder