Sri Lanka vs England 3rd ODI Prediction
England won by 7 wickets
- Date: October 17, 2018
- Time: 02:30 PM IST
- Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele
SL vs ENG 3rd ODI Betting Odds
- The odds of a hundred being scored stand at 1.72 (win INR 172 betting INR 100) while odds against it stands at 2.00 (win INR 200 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Sri Lanka has 2.63 odds (win INR 263 betting INR 100) of hitting the most sixes while in the same market England enjoy odds of 1.67 (win INR 167 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Adil Rashid is in lead for being England’s best bowler and has odds of 3.25 (win INR 325 betting INR 100) while Akila Dananjaya is in lead for Sri Lankan team and has odds of 3.50 (win INR 350 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Joe Root is expected to be England’s leading scorer with odds of 3.50 (win INR 350 by betting INR 100) while for the Sri Lankans Upul Tharanga has odds of 4.75 (win INR 475 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- With odds of 8.00 (win INR 800 by betting INR 100) Joe Root is frontrunner for Man of the Match Award while Jonny Bairstow follows him with odds of 8.50 (win INR 850 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
Skipper Dinesh Chandimal spoke about energy and attitude at the end of last game but he would know that these aren’t enough if the batsmen don’t stick on the wicket. The problem for Sri Lankan side has been their Top 5 in the last two years. The batting order is unsettled and they just keep throwing away their wickets where one can easily lead to two and even three. At 31 for 4 they lost the last game even before we saw some quality batting in the middle order. Chandimal would have to inspire the men to believe they can win if they wish to put the English side under some real test in the next game.
Batting has been a sorry tale for the last 24 months and it was no different in the last game. Upul Tharanga is having a horrible run of form and wicketkeeper Niroshan Dickwella looks anything but an ODI opener. Chandimal himself failed with the bat and so did Dasun Shanaka. Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva and Thisara Perera did impress with the bat but the game had already been lost thanks to the poor start. Talking about bowling Lasith Malinga took a fifer and showed why the tail-enders fear him more than any other bowler in the world. Akila Dananjaya was taken for runs while Thisara Perera and Nuwan Pradeep bowled well within their limitations. Given the team’s batting form the bowlers need to play out of their skins if they hope to defeat the English side.
Eoin Morgan would be extremely happy with the way his team performed in the last game. They came here with the reputation of being one of the best travelling sides when it comes to limited overs cricket and surely haven’t hurt that reputation in the last game. While the lower order couldn’t capitalize on the kind of platform that had been laid but overall the score was good enough for his bowlers given the fragility in the Sri Lankan batting. The performance of Olly Stone who was bowling for the first time would have surely impressed him. With the Sri Lankan team struggling for form he would hope to go 2-0 up in the series with the next game.
Batting has been the strength for the side in the last few years especially the Top 4 and it was on display in the game. While Jason Roy missed out Jonny Bairstow and Joe Root made sure there were no further damages but it was skipper Morgan who played an impressive knock of 92. It was sad to see him miss out on a well-deserved hundred. The lower middle order wasn’t able to convert this into a big score. The bowlers lived up to their reputation with Chris Woakes and Olly Stone picking up early wickets especially Woakes who made the Sri Lankans struggle. Moeen Ali was economical in his spell while Liam Dawson supported well to ensure a victory for the side. They would look forward to making the hosts struggle again in the upcoming game.
Given the form, skills and the temperament of the two sides England would without any doubt be favourites to win this game and make it 2-0 in the series.
Our Prediction for Sri Lanka vs England 3rd ODI
England will win the 3rd ODI
There seems to be no mercy from the weather in the on-going 5-Match ODI series between Sri Lanka and England. If the first game was washed away the second one had to be decided on the DLS method. As most bookmakers had predicted hosts Sri Lanka lost or rather surrendered the game to the visiting England side. After doing well to restrict the English innings to 278 runs with great bowling in the last 15 overs their batting let them down in what was another embarrassing loss for the side which seems to have lost the hunger to win. The home side would look to turn their fortunes as they take on a formidable English side in the 3rd game of the series at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele.