South Africa vs Sri Lanka Prediction – 5th ODI
Betting Tips for South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 5th ODI
- Quinton de Kock is expected to be South Africa’s best batsman with odds of 3.25 (wagering INR 100 you can win INR 325) and on the Sri Lankan side Niroshan Dickwella and Upul Tharanga share odds of 4.35 (wagering INR 100 you can win INR 435) BET NOW
- Kagiso Rabada has odds of 3.55 (make INR 355 staking INR 100) to be South Africa’s best bowler while Akila Dananjaya leads for the Sri Lankan team with 3.70 (make INR 370 staking INR 100) BET NOW
- In the market for the Man of the Match Quinton de Kock is currently leading with odds of 6.90 (get INR 690 wagering INR 100) while Faf du Plessis has odds of 8.75 (get INR 875 wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- In the market for the highest opening stand South Africa have odds of 1.54 (betting INR 100 you can win INR 154) while Sri Lanka has 2.30 (betting INR 100 you can win INR 230) BET NOW
- For most sixes in the game the odds stand at 1.54 (wager INR 100 and make INR 154) for the South African team and 2.90 (wager INR 100 and make INR 290) for the Sri Lankans BET NOW
Faf du Plessis would be happy with the form of his side. His team has comfortably won the series and now they are looking in perfect shape for the upcoming World Cup. What would make the skipper really proud is the form of the key players in the squad. Everybody has done well with the bat and the ball in the series so far and this adds immense confidence ahead of the World Cup. A 5-0 win will soothe the miserable loss the side suffered in the Test series and the skipper wouldn’t want to drop his guard down for the upcoming game.
Quinton de Kock is having a dream run in this series but the only worry for the side has been the form of Reeza Hendricks who is struggling at the moment. Aiden Markram, Faf du Plessis, David Miller and Jean-Paul Duminy complete a strong batting line-up for the side. With someone like Andile Phehlukwayo towards the end the batting order looks set to destroy the Sri Lankan attack. Dale Steyn and Lungi Ngidi bowled well in the last game and Kagiso Rabada who has terrorized is expected to return for the last game. With Phehlukwayo and Tabraiz Shamsi in the side the bowling attack will make it tough for the Sri Lankans.
Skipper Lasith Malinga finds himself in a pathetic situation ahead of the World Cup. His side just doesn’t look good enough to compete at the top level. More than the skills it is the temperament of the side that is letting it down. Few players in the side might even have the belief that they can win against a top side in the world. The last game’s performance bears testimony to the fragility in the side. With one game to go Malinga would be hoping for some of his players to play out of their skins and win the game for them.
Avishka Fernando and Upal Tharanga the new opening pair failed to impress in the last game and the side might go back to Niroshan Dickwella for the next game. In the middle order the likes of Kusal Mendis, Priyamal Perera and Kamindu Mendis are looking uncomfortable and need to do well in the next game. Isuru Udana played a brilliant knock in the last game and it boosted the morale in the dressing room. The bowling attack has looked ordinary in the series so far with Dhananjaya de Silva and Malinga being the exception in the last game. The likes of Akila Dhananjaya and Thisara Perera need to do well for the side to win in the next game.
Our Prediction for South Africa vs Sri Lanka 5th ODI
South Africa shall win the 5th ODI
If there is one word to describe the performance of the Sri Lankan side in the ODI series it would have to be ‘pathetic’. In the four ODIs that have been played South African side has been able to win them right out of the bed. The visitors haven’t even come close to putting up a stiff fight in any of the games and now stand on the verge of another whitewash like they have had many in the last two years. Will the Sri Lankan side do any better in the last game at Newlands, Cape Town? It remains to be seen but the hosts aren’t going to make their lives any easier and shall look finish the ODI series in style.
From a cricket betting logic, and the form we have seen from the two sides in the last four games South Africa would start as overwhelming favourites to win the next game