South Africa vs Sri Lanka Prediction – 1st T20I
Betting Tips for South Africa vs Sri Lanka 1st T20i
- Quinton de Kock leads the odds chart with 3.55 (get INR 355 by wagering INR 100) to be South Africa’s best batsman while Kusal Mendis is ahead among the Sri Lankans with odds of 3.70 (get INR 370 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- Imran Tahir is expected to be best bowler for South Africa with odds of 3.45 (make INR 345 betting INR 100) while Lasith Malinga leads for the Sri Lankan team with odds of 3.70 (betting INR 100 you can make INR 370) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match in this game Quinton de Kock and Faf du Plessis share odds of 7.75 (get INR 775 wagering INR 100) and are followed by JP Duminy with odds of 9.50 (get INR 950 wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For most sixes in the game South Africa have odds of 1.64 (wager INR 100 and win INR 164) while the Sri Lankans have odds of 2.55 (wager INR 100 and win INR 255) BET NOW
- In the market for the highest opening wicket stand the odds are 1.64 (pocket INR 164 wagering INR 100) on South African side and 2.15 (pocket INR 215 wagering INR 100) for Sri Lanka. BET NOW
Faf du Plessis would be extremely pleased having won the ODI series 5-0. The fact that it came after a humiliating defeat in a home Test series would have made it all the more special. There was criticism from all corners flowing in for the skipper and his side and they put all that behind with their dominating performance the 5-match ODI series. Having troubled the Sri Lankans in the ODIs the skipper would be in no mood to make it any easy for the visitors in the next game. A batting line-up in good form would add to the confidence of the side.
The opening combination of Quinton de Kock and Reeza Hendricks has done well for the side in this format and with de Kock in good form they would be confident about their prospects. Faf du Plessis, Rassie van der Dussen, JP Duminy, David Miller and Aiden Markram make it a very good batting line-up. Andile Phehlukwayo in the lower order is the perfect person in the finisher’s role. The bowling attack is extremely strong with Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi and Dale Steyn forming a strong pace attack. Imran Tahir and Phehlukwayo are also likely to cause trouble for the Sri Lankans.
Lasith Malinga would hope his side puts back the setback of the ODI series behind and starts afresh in the first T20i game. The team is going through one of its most testing phases in the recent years and their poor record in this format in South Africa doesn’t add much to the confidence. The skipper would hope his batsmen especially the top order do well and not throw away their wickets like they did in the ODIs. A win in the first game would lift up the mood in the camp and Malinga would want his men to bring out their best game and defeat the opponents.
Sadeera Samarawickrama and Niroshan Dickwella will need to give a good start to the side. The top order is suffering from inconsistency for quite some time. In the middle order the side has good batsmen in the form of Kusal Mendis, Thisara Perera and Dhananjaya de Silva and these guys would have to stand up to the challenge that the South Africans throw at them. The bowling line-up failed during the ODIs and here Malinga and Suranga Lakmal will need to pick wickets early with the new ball. Thisara Perera will need to use all his experience and the team would count on Isuru Udana to trouble the South Africans.
Our Prediction for South Africa vs Sri Lanka 1st T20i
South Africa shall win the 1st T20i
It has been an exciting tour for the Sri Lankan team. They surprised everyone including their fans winning the Test Series 2-0 but the results of the ODI series which they lost 0-5 has put question marks over their form and temperament. The South African side came back strongly in the ODIs after the Test debacle and never faced heat from the visitors. The two teams now start with the T20 leg of the series where they will clash in the first game at Newlands, Cape Town. It will be interesting to see if the Sri Lankans are able to make a comeback on the script remains the same as we have seen so far in the ODIs.
From a cricket betting logic, taking form into account and knowledge of conditions South African team is far ahead of the Sri Lankans are looks favourite to win the 1st T20i.