South Africa vs Pakistan 1st Test Prediction
SA won by 6 wickets
- Date: December 26-30, 2018
- Time: 01:30 PM IST
- Venue: SuperSport Park, Centurion
Betting Odds for South Africa vs Pakistan, 1st Test
South Africa – 1.40 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 140 if South Africa win) BET NOW
Pakistan – 4.33 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 433 if Pakistan wins) BET NOW
Draw – 7.50 (wager INR 100 and win INR 750 if the result is a draw) BET NOW
- Aiden Markram, Dean Elgar and Hashim Amla share odds of 4.75 (win INR 475 betting INR 100) to be South Africa’s best batsmen in the 1st innings and on the Pakistani side Azhar Ali leads with 4.00 (win INR 400 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Kagiso Rabada leads the odds to be best bowler for South Africa in the 1st innings with 2.62 (win INR 262 staking INR 100) while Mohammad Abbas has 2.80 (win INR 280 staking INR 100) for Pakistan BET NOW
- In the 1st Innings lead market the odds are 1.33 (win INR 133 wagering INR 100) for South Africa and 3.00 (win INR 300 wagering INR 100) for Pakistan BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market Pakistan had odds of 2.20 (win INR 220 staking INR 100) while South Africa has 1.61 (win INR 161 staking INR 100) BET NOW
- Kagiso Rabada is the leader as far as Man of the Match market is concerned with 8.50 (win INR 850 staking INR 100) odds followed by Hashim Amla with 9.00 (win INR 900 staking INR 100) BET NOW
Faf du Plessis would go into this test match with great confidence. The team has been doing well under his leadership and haven’t lost a Test series in the last 2 years at home. The pace bowling attack has been performing well for the side and with Dale Steyn showing good form in the last few T20 games du Plessis would be positive about the chances of his side. He would hope his batsmen are able to put up runs on the board as this would pose a huge challenge for most of the Pakistanis who don’t have much experience of playing in these conditions.
South African batting is strong with Dean Elgar and Aiden Markram at the top of the order. Both have been in good touch of late. Hashim Amla’s form has dipped in the last few months but he would be looking to make a strong comeback. Faf du Plessis, Temba Bavuma and Quinton de Kock make the middle order very strong and would be looking to score big runs in the game. The bowling attack is threatening with Kagiso Rabada and Dale Steyn. Dane Paterson and Duanne Olivier will back them up well and with Keshav Maharaj in the side they have the right variety in their bowling line-up.
It would be a major test for Sarfraz Ahmed whose captaincy has been questioned off later after the loss against New Zealand in UAE earlier this month. He would have been proud with the way his side played against the South African Invitation XI in the warm-up game and won it. He has good mix of fast bowlers and spinners in the side but the real challenge would be how his batsmen stand up against the South African fast bowlers. Sarfraz would want his side to confidently approach the upcoming game as its result would have a bearing on the rest of the Test Matches.
Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman would have to lay a strong platform for the side opening the innings. Zaman looked edgy in the practice game and would have to play balls according to their merit. Azhar Ali, Haris Sohail and Babar Azam make for a good middle order especially Ali who would have to play the anchors role. Sarfraz lower down the order needs to play well in case of a top-order failure. Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Abbas would have to pick wicket with the new ball. Hasan Ali would back them up well and it would be interesting to see how the South Africans play Yasir Shah who has been in good form.
Our Prediction for South Africa vs Pakistan 1st Test
South Africa shall win the 1st Test Match
The big home series for South Africa starts on the Boxing Day as they taken on Pakistan in the 1st Test match of the 3-Match Series at SuperSport Park, Centurion. The team has played well over the last few years at home and won the last seven series they have hosted. They would count on their pace bowling attack to win the game for them. The Pakistanis did well in the practice match and would be confident about playing in these conditions. But they are a team under pressure having messed up the last Test series at UAE. With good players on both the sides the match should be exciting and signal the start of a competitive series.
South Africa have better knowledge of the conditions and a strong fast bowling unit which will make them favourites to win this Test Match