Roma vs Real Madrid: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, November 28th 2018, @01:30 AM
Stadio Olimpico Rome
Roma 0 – 2 Real Madrid
When the Group G was drawn, Real Madrid were the assumed winners, but after four games AS Roma and Real Madrid are level on points. This could be a group decider.
Few people would’ve expected both sides to be level on points by match day five but now this one promises to be a match that will decide the winner of the group.
A win for either of these sides will mean they’re through to the next round of the Champions League and one for Real Madrid means they’ll be topping the group. However a draw along with CSKA Moscow winning their game, will result in it going down to the final day for all three teams.
Both sides have found solace away from their league games this season, with Eusebio di Francesco and Santiago Solari managing incredibly inconsistent teams. Indeed, Madrid go into the fixture on the back of a chastening 3-0 defeat to relative La Liga minnows Eibar.
It’s difficult to call how this one is going to go considering it’s not a ‘must win’ for either team. You can expect both teams to be apprehensive from the start considering their recent form but due to expectations and the difference in talent, Real Madrid are most likely to dominate and it should be enough to edge a win, 2-1 Real Madrid.
- Over 2.5 goals 1.50 – BET NOW
A rather safe bet but consider there have been over 2.5 goals in 28 of Real Madrid’s last 30 Champions League games as well as in Roma’s last eight.
- Edin Dzeko to score anytime 2.10 – BET NOW
A bit of a long shot bet but not completely improbable. The Bosnian is on fire in Europe this season and Real Madrid have been considerably unreliable this season, case in point their 3-0 loss to Eibar at the weekend.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
As you’d expect for two historic European sides, there’s been a number of meetings between the pair. Since the turn of the century they’ve met no less than 14 times, with Real Madrid often walking away the victors with 8 wins. Roma have held their own though, picking up 5 wins whilst there’s been one draw.
- AS Roma forward Edin Dzeko is the joint top scorer in the UEFA Champions League this season along with Lionel Messi, both on five goals.
- No team averages more shots per game in Europe’s premier competition than Real Madrid, with 22.5
- Di Francesco’s side also possess in the joint top assister too. Young midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini has assisted three goals thus far.
- Los Blancos certainly know how to operate an offside trap, catching their opponents offside the third most in the competition, with 3.5 per game.