Republic of Ireland vs Wales: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, October 17th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Republic of Ireland 0 – 1 Wales
Wales head to Ireland with the bit between their teeth after a thumping 4-1 win over the Irish just last month in the Nations League.
Revenge is sweet and the Irish need to rely on their famous luck in order to get ahead as Wales continue to boast a side packed with talent.
For a number of years, the Republic of Ireland held a dominant edge over Wales in the head to head records, but Wales has undoubtedly enjoyed more success in the grand scheme of things.
Ireland are in the midst of a re-building process that is in the short term hampering their process and we see little reason for that to change in this game.
With the likes of Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, Wales boast that superstar talent that is required to get the job done and are taking the Nations League as a high priority.
Expect a tight game but the away side to get the job done with a narrow 1-0 victory.
- Under 1.5 goals in the game 2.50 – BET NOW
The last match between these two may have ended with five goals in it but that really is not the norm.
The three games prior to that result just one goal was scored in the game with little action and few goals often the outcome of this game.
- Wales to score over 0.5 goals in the first half 4.50 – BET NOW
Wales put three first half goals past the Irish when they met in at the beginning of September and a fast-starting Wales is likely to be another occurrence after being given a rough ride by Spain last time out.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Although Wales are the side who continue to be on the up, they have actually only beaten Ireland once in their last nine meetings.
However, that was last time out when the Welsh dealt the Republic a thumping 4-1 blow.
That result was revenge after the Irish ended Wales’ hopes of making the 2018 World Cup by beating them 1-0 in Cardiff in November, so it is not all bad news for the home side.
Since 1960, the pair have met sixteen times with the Republic of Ireland claiming six and Wales also claiming six wins with four draws shared.
- Wales thumped the Republic of Ireland 4-1 in their opening UEFA Nations League match.
- The Republic of Ireland has only lost once in the last nine meetings to Wales even though that loss was just last month.
- Wales last win in Dublin came in an International friendly in 1992.
- The overall head to head record stands at six wins each and four draws making for an even contest.
- Wales star man Gareth Bale missed his nations friendly with Spain the other night but should be in line for a start against the Irish.